I'm so glad you've stopped by my blog! I am a Women's Minister and a former Pastor's Wife. I love finding God in my regular-everyday-stuff. I struggle with keeping up with the laundry, I love blogging, and my kids are my first line of ministry. I am recently widowed. So God and I are on a brand new journey as I try to find peace and understanding. Please grab a cup of coffee and let's get to know one another as we journey on our faith walk together.

Sunday, October 31, 2010

His Word Sunday

I know there is a lot going on today with it being "October 31st."  However, I want to encourage you today to focus on the fact it is the Lord's Day.

In service today you may be honoring, All Saints Day (November 1st).  Later, you might be heading out to gather candy with your children in some fashion or another... but for a time today, just focus on the Lord.

David says it best:
Psalm 103:1 (ESV)
"Bless the Lord, O my soul and all that is within me, bless His holy name!"

Just who is this Lord that I am to bless?  Read on...

Psalm 103:8-13 (ESV)
The Lord is merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love.  
He will not always chide, nor will He keep His anger forever.  
He does not deal with us according to our sins, nor repay us according to our iniquities.
For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is His steadfast love toward those who fear Him;
as far as the east is from the west, so far does He remove our transgressions from us.
As a father shows compassion to his children, so the Lord shows compassion to those who fear Him.







Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from you and value what you have to say. God bless you and thanks for stopping by!