I'm so glad you've stopped by my blog! I am a Women's Minister and a former Pastor's Wife. I love finding God in my regular-everyday-stuff. I struggle with keeping up with the laundry, I love blogging, and my kids are my first line of ministry. I am recently widowed. So God and I are on a brand new journey as I try to find peace and understanding. Please grab a cup of coffee and let's get to know one another as we journey on our faith walk together.

Monday, October 25, 2010

Be nothing like the Moabites!

Yesterday during worship service, as my husband was about to open the congregation in worship, I got a text message from a dear friend.  They needed John to come back to Texas to preach a funeral.

I walked across the stage, whispered this in his ear and he said only 2 words, "Of course!"

I love the faithfulness of this man!  
After church and a quick bite to eat, he was heading out the door to be with our dear friends.

One thing that you may not know about me... I do my best work around the house when he's not home.  This is mainly because when he's around I like to be with him - not buried in a project!

I knew what my "project" was going to be even before I walked him to the front door - cleaning out the garage!  I worked on it until my old body couldn't move anymore.  I made a clean pathway to the Christmas decorations, organized the laundry area, found the car charger to my cell phone, and discovered a few of the kids' long lost treasures.  I hope to finish this project today!

When it got to be bedtime I just fell into the bed.  I quickly realized just how sticky I was from working so hard.  I knew sleep would be hard to find feeling this way - so I dragged my worn out body to the shower.

I felt better and was actually able to go to sleep!  

Isn't it interesting that comfort and rest came when I no longer had the remains of the day on my actual person?!  I didn't "smell"like myself - and that was a good thing!

We find Jeremiah giving the people of Moab a similar message:

Jeremiah 4:8-11 (ESV)
Moab has been at ease from his youth and has settled on his dregs; he has not been emptied from vessel to vessel, nor has he gone into exile; so his taste remains in him, and his scent is not changed.

There are actually many warnings for us all in this passage - but I don't want to overwhelm you or write something so long that you would give up reading, so I'll only focus on the last two...

TASTE   &  SMELL

After reading this - I took a moment to evaluate my own life.  I asked myself 2 questions.  If we are to have the aroma of Christ and are to taste and see that the Lord is good...

Do I still "taste" like Penny?  
and
Has my scent changed lately?

I want both of these to point to Christ!

At the end of working last night - I smelled like I had been in the garage all day.  What about when I go through a trial?  Do I taste & smell like trouble and worry  - or do I give off the aroma of Christ?

2 Corinthians 2:15 (ESV)
For we are the aroma of Christ to God among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing.

I prayed to the Lord, "I don't want to be found like the Moabites - tasting and smelling unchanged!"

After my shower, I felt rest for the night and strength for today followed.  I am more able to complete my project today as a result.  I think it's the same with the Lord.  I will be a better servant of the Lord if I "taste & smell" more like Him.  When I am found "clean & holy" instead of wearing my trials & hardships all over me, I can find rest for my soul and energy for the task He has set before me.

Today, wash yourself in the Lord 

& be nothing like the Moabites!

Be clean and have a pleasant 
aroma to everyone around you!




Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from you and value what you have to say. God bless you and thanks for stopping by!