I'm so glad you've stopped by my blog! I am a Women's Minister and a former Pastor's Wife. I love finding God in my regular-everyday-stuff. I struggle with keeping up with the laundry, I love blogging, and my kids are my first line of ministry. I am recently widowed. So God and I are on a brand new journey as I try to find peace and understanding. Please grab a cup of coffee and let's get to know one another as we journey on our faith walk together.

Monday, October 4, 2010

Endure with Joy!

It's Monday!  

Today I am filled with all kinds of new-found determination!  

There are some disciplines in my life that are in desperate need of repair.  What happened to my love for running and drinking more water than sodas?  I used to love wearing my heart rate monitor watch all day so I could see just how many calories I burned in a day!  Today I had to search for that watch, whereas I used to never take it off.
I knew God was giving me that look that my Mother used to give me when I had gotten off the straight & narrow path.  You know the look I'm referring to here!

So, I set my alarm for early... and today I did not let myself or my God down.  I wanted to make God smile this morning with my obedience.

This is what my morning looked like (all before 6:30am):

1.  Read my Bible & prayed - wrote in my journal as well
2.  Studied for an upcoming Ladies Retreat
3.  Put my daughter's uniforms in the wash & dryer
4.  Checked in with my dear friend (Hey Katharine!  I love our morning Facebook chats!)
5.  Did my upper body weights (45 minutes, burned 450 calories)
6.  Did my cardio run (20 minutes, burned 200 calories)
7.  Write this blog post

Now... how in the world did I get all of that accomplished?  2 words... God's Word!

Believe me, I could not normally do this of my own accord!

Look what I found during my prayer time...  believe me when I say it really helped!

Colossians 1:11-12 (ESV)
May you be strengthened with all power, according to His glorious might, for all endurance and patience with joy, giving thanks to the Father who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in light.

Did you catch that?!  Be strengthened with His might!  So I can endure and be patient with joy!!!

On my run I so often wanted to give up and just walk the rest of the way home.  Yet, I focused on running with His might and now my own.  As a result, I actually endured the rest of my path... with joy!!!

I have other things I need to endure today that are much tougher than a jog down my street.  I'm so glad that God showed me this verse this morning.  To not only make it through my run - but to carry this principle with me through the biggies that I know I'm going to face this week!


What are you needing to endure today? 

It can be done with joy... 
because of His glorious might giving you strength!


Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from you and value what you have to say. God bless you and thanks for stopping by!