I'm so glad you've stopped by my blog! I am a Women's Minister and a former Pastor's Wife. I love finding God in my regular-everyday-stuff. I struggle with keeping up with the laundry, I love blogging, and my kids are my first line of ministry. I am recently widowed. So God and I are on a brand new journey as I try to find peace and understanding. Please grab a cup of coffee and let's get to know one another as we journey on our faith walk together.

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

What you do today matters!

Today I am leading the last day of our Bible Study on Ruth (both a local & online study).  The title of Kelly Minter's study is called RUTH: loss, love, & legacy.

As we close our time with Ruth, we're looking at the legacy that followed her life of obedience.  I know many of you are familiar with her life, but for a short review...

Ruth does indeed marry Boaz.  Together they have a son named Obed.  Obed has a son named Jesse.  Jesse has a son named King David!

Did you catch that?  Ruth... a widowed woman from a foreign pagan nation is redeemed and becomes the great-grandmother of King David - from whose house we eventually see Jesus!!!

Now that is some kind of legacy!  God showed an amazing amount of lovingkindness, mercy & grace to Ruth.  Ruth followed the Lord every step of the way and as a result got to be involved in a beautiful part of history.

What about us?  
Can we too leave such a legacy?  
Does what we do today - our regular, day-in-day-out, kind of life have future impact?

YES!!!

Psalm 103:17 (NASB)
But the lovingkindness of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting on those who fear Him, and His righteousness to children's children, to those who keep His covenant, and who remember His precepts to do them.

Ruth was just being obedient in her regular, every-day-kind-of-life.  She found work, worked hard, and did it well.  The townspeople knew her to be a woman of noble character!  This life of integrity is what got her noticed by Boaz!

Ladies!  Our life of noble character, our life of obedience in the small things, day after day, will have lasting impact to our children's children!

I want the Lord to show His lovingkindness & bestow righteousness to the ones that will come after me... to the ones that I may or may not even meet!  The Lord promises this if I will just obey.  If I will just keep His Word and actually do what He says.

What I do today - the way I live today - affects WAY more people than just me!

Legacies are not built in a day - they are built over a lifetime.  In other words... I have to think about my legacy now!  Am I saying that simple things like choosing to pray and read my Bible over "playing on Facebook and/or Twitter" will make a difference to my grandchildren?!  Yes!  Am I saying that choosing not to gossip in the carpool lane has lasting impact?!  Yes!

Today, if you find yourself needing some motivation...
         motivation to finish that last load of laundry,
                 motivation to call that friend that needs you,
                          motivation to think before you speak,

Do it for the sake of your children's children!  

You just never know what small act of obedience 
(like Ruth gleaning in the fields) 
will be the start of an amazing legacy of your life of faith!


How are you working on your legacy today?

If you're here today from iFellowship - Welcome!  
I'm so glad you came by today!  I love making new friends.  
Feel free to follow me - I'll be by your blog later to follow you back!



iFellowship


Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from you and value what you have to say. God bless you and thanks for stopping by!