I'm so glad you've stopped by my blog! I am a Women's Minister and a former Pastor's Wife. I love finding God in my regular-everyday-stuff. I struggle with keeping up with the laundry, I love blogging, and my kids are my first line of ministry. I am recently widowed. So God and I are on a brand new journey as I try to find peace and understanding. Please grab a cup of coffee and let's get to know one another as we journey on our faith walk together.

Sunday, October 3, 2010

His Word Sunday

Peace.  My house is very peaceful right now.  It's Sunday morning and the house is still very quiet.

But I know very soon we're all going to be moving around very fast, getting ready for church.  Then all too quickly Monday morning will be here and the "restful" weekend will be over.

We might just ask ourselves - what happened to our peace?  Can I really experience this all the time?!

Today I bring you a familiar passage.  It comes from Philippians and is actually a verse that often times gets overlooked.  The preceding verse is what I like to call the WHATEVER passage.  In it's popularity, sometimes we miss the promise of peace found in this verse...

Philippians 4:9 (ESV)
What you have learned and received and heard and seen in Me - practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.

Learned.  Received.  Heard.  Seen... from God.  Think about these for just a moment.

I don't just want to know God's Word, I want to know the God of the Word.  And I don't want just momentary peace, I want the God of peace to be with me!

Enjoy your Sunday and carry the God of peace with you into your Monday!



Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from you and value what you have to say. God bless you and thanks for stopping by!