I'm so glad you've stopped by my blog! I am a Women's Minister and a former Pastor's Wife. I love finding God in my regular-everyday-stuff. I struggle with keeping up with the laundry, I love blogging, and my kids are my first line of ministry. I am recently widowed. So God and I are on a brand new journey as I try to find peace and understanding. Please grab a cup of coffee and let's get to know one another as we journey on our faith walk together.

Monday, November 1, 2010

You're not all alone!

But we've all felt this way!

We've all felt like no one could possibly understand because no one has experienced our exact set of circumstances.



In this "aloneness" we begin to justify certain behaviors - because we think we're so unique in our pain - and we get off track a bit.

I teach a ladies class on Sunday mornings at my local church.  We're studying the Titus Woman, found in Titus 2: 3-5.  However, before jumping to the roles of both the older women and the younger women, I thought it might be good to give the ladies a bit of context and found an amazing treasure there for us all.

If we look at Titus chapter 1, we see exactly who wrote the book and to whom and why.  Titus is a letter, written by Paul to Titus.  The "why" is found in Titus 1:5.

Titus 1:5 (ESV)
For this reason, I left you in Crete, that you might set in order what remains, and appoint elders in every city as I directed you.

(Okay - now before you send me emails or comments wondering if women can be elders... this is NOT what this blog post is about!)

I only want to look at the very first part of this verse....  let's look at it again...

"I left you in Crete, that you might set in order what remains"

In order to fully understand almost this entire book, I must tell you Crete is an island off the coast of Greece.  The people there, more than likely had settled into doing life their way, with no accountability!  And why wouldn't they do life their way?  They lived on an island - separated from the rest of the country!  No one could possibly understand what life was like on a small island, totally surrounded by water.  Let's just do life exactly how we want to - who's gonna notice anyway?  Right?



Back to my original question... Have you ever felt like you were all alone?  When you've felt like this, I would imagine things tend to get a bit out of order.  One bad way of thinking usually tends to lead to others!  As my husband would say, "this is just stinkin' thinkin'".

I find amazing hope in this one little verse in Titus.  I believe that God knew we would feel alone at times and He gives us this great example of sending Paul and Titus to Crete - a small island, a people who needed order - to remind us He hasn't forgotten us either and He wants to bring us encouragement & order to our life circumstances as well.

Think about your day right now.  Do you need someone to step in and "set in order what remains"?  You're not an island!  God knows exactly what you need and wants to bring order to your day and your life!  Look around you!  He just might be sending a "Titus" to you right now and all you need to do is look up from your "aloneness" to see them!

Be encouraged today that God cares about every detail of your life and He doesn't want you to feel alone!  He is also a God of order.  Let Him comfort you in your pain as He brings order to your life.

Who has been your "Titus" lately?  
How did they encourage you in your time of loneliness?



Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from you and value what you have to say. God bless you and thanks for stopping by!