I'm so glad you've stopped by my blog! I am a Women's Minister and a former Pastor's Wife. I love finding God in my regular-everyday-stuff. I struggle with keeping up with the laundry, I love blogging, and my kids are my first line of ministry. I am recently widowed. So God and I are on a brand new journey as I try to find peace and understanding. Please grab a cup of coffee and let's get to know one another as we journey on our faith walk together.

Friday, November 19, 2010

Voices

I really should come up with a catchy Title for my Friday blogs.  For the past several weeks I've put up a country video and asked a fun question.

I'm TOTALLY open to your ideas on this one!!!

This week I heard this song often.  Probably because I was on the road - A TON!!!

Last Wednesday we drove 6 hours to Texas - so our kids could stay with grandparents while John & I led the Women's Retreat (John was my sound & light crew).

Thursday we drove back to New Orleans.
Friday we drove to the retreat center.
Saturday we drove back to New Orleans.
Sunday we drove to Texas to pick up our kids.
Monday we drove back to New Orleans.

Even with all that driving - I never got tired of hearing this song.



What words of wisdom ring in my ear?

From my Mom:
"Clean as you cook!"  
That way you don't ever have a messy kitchen.

From my Dad:
"Don't quit!"
No matter what I'm doing or have promised to do - I can never just throw in the towel.  I must hang in there to the finish!

From my Lord:
Oh my... which one do I pick?
"For I know the plans I have for you.  Plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope."

It really makes me think about what I say often, and will it ring in my children's ear long after I'm gone?!

What words of wisdom 
(voices, if you will) 
do you hear?






Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from you and value what you have to say. God bless you and thanks for stopping by!