I'm so glad you've stopped by my blog! I am a Women's Minister and a former Pastor's Wife. I love finding God in my regular-everyday-stuff. I struggle with keeping up with the laundry, I love blogging, and my kids are my first line of ministry. I am recently widowed. So God and I are on a brand new journey as I try to find peace and understanding. Please grab a cup of coffee and let's get to know one another as we journey on our faith walk together.

Friday, November 5, 2010

The Bright Spot of My Week

Well, it's finally Fun Friday!

If you've been coming here long, you know I like to make my blog as fun as my real-life Friday!  I got to watch a really sweet bright spot of my week and I wanted to share a bit of it with you today.

Wednesday afternoon I was collating conference materials for a retreat I'm speaking at next weekend.  I had pretty much commandeered the entire cafe of our church.  John came in to check on me and my progress when JP stole his attention with a football.  It was really a sweet thing to watch.  John showed JP how to plant his foot before throwing the ball.  He showed him how to make the ball spiral and he showed him how to catch.

I know John had many other things he wanted to get done before leaving the office.  But he exchanged those busy minutes for some precious time with little JP.  I loved hearing him laugh & cheer each time he caught the ball.  It was a wonderful thing to watch as I worked.

I heard this song on the radio this week and it reminded me of this time with John & JP.

What moments this week have taken your breath away?



Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from you and value what you have to say. God bless you and thanks for stopping by!