I'm so glad you've stopped by my blog! I am a Women's Minister and a former Pastor's Wife. I love finding God in my regular-everyday-stuff. I struggle with keeping up with the laundry, I love blogging, and my kids are my first line of ministry. I am recently widowed. So God and I are on a brand new journey as I try to find peace and understanding. Please grab a cup of coffee and let's get to know one another as we journey on our faith walk together.

Sunday, November 21, 2010

His Word Sunday

Today is the last Sunday before the start of Advent.  Therefore, we're either buying & preparing for next Thursday's Thanksgiving Feast, or we're buying & preparing for all the parties & festivities of Christmas.

This is the time of year where it's easy for tempers to be short, patience to be small, and for bodies to tire easily.

This verse from James just stood out to me this morning and I'm making it my battle cry until I see January!

James 5:11 (ESV)
Behold, we consider those blessed who remained steadfast.  
You have heard of the steadfastness of Job, 
and you have seen the purpose of the Lord, 
how the Lord is compassionate and merciful.

...just real quick add this one from Psalms to seal the deal....

Psalm 119:5 (ESV)
Oh that my ways may be steadfast in keeping your statutes!



Go & be steadfast toward the purposes & statutes of the Lord!


Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from you and value what you have to say. God bless you and thanks for stopping by!