I'm so glad you've stopped by my blog! I am a Women's Minister and a former Pastor's Wife. I love finding God in my regular-everyday-stuff. I struggle with keeping up with the laundry, I love blogging, and my kids are my first line of ministry. I am recently widowed. So God and I are on a brand new journey as I try to find peace and understanding. Please grab a cup of coffee and let's get to know one another as we journey on our faith walk together.

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

In "this" rejoice! In "this" be Thankful!

I absolutely LOVE Thanksgiving!

Is it because most people get 2 days off?
Is it because there's tons of food to be enjoyed?
Is it because of the plethora of family gathering around a table?

Perhaps it's because of football & naps!
(who is your team to watch this year?)

I have so enjoyed reading everyone's posts about thankfulness.  Indeed the Bible tells us to be thankful...

Psalm 92:1 (ESV)
It is good to give thanks to the Lord

However, yesterday as I was having my prayer time the Lord showed me something about thankfulness that I often overlook.

Every year at our Thanksgiving feast, after we pray for the food, we go around the table & share something for which we are thankful.  I love this time with family!

Some years there are tears, some years there is immense laughter, but every year we recognize the good the Lord has brought our way.

Again, in my prayer time this week, it was as if the Lord was making the words in my Bible bold - highlighted - and underlined - regarding something I often fail to thank Him for at this time of year.

Bear with me... as this is not a typical "thanksgiving" verse...

To read the rest of this post come & join me at Seeds of Faith Women!


Seeds Of Faith For The Christian Mom



Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from you and value what you have to say. God bless you and thanks for stopping by!