I'm so glad you've stopped by my blog! I am a Women's Minister and a former Pastor's Wife. I love finding God in my regular-everyday-stuff. I struggle with keeping up with the laundry, I love blogging, and my kids are my first line of ministry. I am recently widowed. So God and I are on a brand new journey as I try to find peace and understanding. Please grab a cup of coffee and let's get to know one another as we journey on our faith walk together.

Friday, November 26, 2010

Make new friends... but keep the old...

It's Friday morning... the day after Thanksgiving.

We are still in Texas enjoying time with family.  Yesterday started with 14 people in my parents house and ended with just 2!

After the fabulous feast, my Dad, husband, and 2 children traveled about hour away to go hunting on my Aunt & Uncle's land (Thanks Uncle Sammy & Aunt Sharon!)  My sister and her family left to spend the evening with her in-laws.  So... at the end of the day only my Mom & I were left at home.  The peace & quiet was AWESOME!!

As I woke up this morning to a very quiet house in the country, I was able to have nice moment to reflect on all that happened yesterday....

and the one thing that came to mind was this....

"Make new friends, but keep the old...
one is silver and the other gold."

Do you remember this song?  I absolutely LOVE traditions!  I love the comfort they bring!  The things that we do every year at holidays makes me smile - weeks in advance!

Here are some of our Thanksgiving Day traditions

Our Old "Friends"

We make Thanksgiving Day shirts with all the kids - and take their picture...


Before eating, we all take a moment to share our thankful moments from the year...

These items are ALWAYS on the Thanksgiving Day menu - turkey, broccoli/rice casserole, rolls, salad, and apple pie...

Here are some of the new things we enjoyed this year...

Our New "Friends"

My cousin Caleb & his wife Brittany and their two adorable little children - Charlie & Olivia - stopped by for a quick visit!  I haven't seen Caleb in years!  I missed their wedding and have never had the privilege of hugging & kissing those adorable kiddos.  What a WONDERFUL treat this was!


We added New Orleans stuffed merilitons, sweet potato/pecan pie, and cranberry/jalepeno salsa to the menu...


John took JP on his first hunting trip Thursday night & Friday morning...


You know what's great about all of this?  
It's all silver & gold.


What are the silver & golds 
(old & new) from your Thanksgiving?






Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from you and value what you have to say. God bless you and thanks for stopping by!