I'm so glad you've stopped by my blog! I am a Women's Minister and a former Pastor's Wife. I love finding God in my regular-everyday-stuff. I struggle with keeping up with the laundry, I love blogging, and my kids are my first line of ministry. I am recently widowed. So God and I are on a brand new journey as I try to find peace and understanding. Please grab a cup of coffee and let's get to know one another as we journey on our faith walk together.

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Did you know you are one of these?

This morning as you read this I will either be on my way or will have arrived in Houston.  My very dear new friend in my new home is having brain surgery tomorrow.  Yes, thank you for praying for her!

Last week she was telling me about someone she had the opportunity to minister to with the biggest smile on her face!  She could barely contain her joy about loving on this young lady and showing her the character of Christ.

As I listened to my friend's story I thought about something my little 4-year old said recently...

Unfortunately JP parked his Red Rider tricycle right behind my Dad's truck (instead of putting it back in the garage where it belongs) - we've probably all been there and you know where this story is going...

Yes, the tricycle now has a bent wheel.  However, my Dad has assured JP that it can be fixed!  JP was talking about this experience with my Mom - this is part of the conversation...



JP - "Grandmother, I think God can fix my tricycle."

Grandmother - "Yes, JP, I'm sure He could."

JP - "Grandmother, what kind of tools do you think God has?"

Grandmother - "I'm sure God has any kind of tool He needs for anything that needs fixing."


Wow!  Did you hear that question?  "What kind of tools do you think God has?"  I know little JP was thinking hammers, wrenches, nuts and bolts, and such - but as soon as my Mom shared this story with me it reminded me - we are His tools!

I shared with my friend that she has been God's tool in ministering to this young lady!  Imagine for just a moment your own tool box, or tool drawer.  What kind of tools do you have in there?

I know I used to have that "drawer" in the kitchen.  It was supposed to be a drawer filled with useful tools - but eventually it ended up being a drawer with useful tools and a whole bunch of junk!  I always had to search to find what I needed from that "drawer".  Most of the time I just gave up looking for that useful tool and settled for something less helpful or went to another source to find what I needed.

Now imagine that we - the body of Christ - are God's tools.  Are we useful or have we become like that "drawer" - more junk than tools?  I don't want God to be looking to use me and have to go to another source for something more readily available or useful!

Today as I travel to be with my friend in her hour of greatest need I pray that God prepares my heart and that I am found useful.  I pray that I will somehow be the hands and feet of Jesus and that she will experience His peace and see His love coming through my eyes.

When I return I'll be working hard and fast with Vacation Bible School preparations.  This is one of the verses for our week of the "Big Apple Adventure"...

Matthew 28:19-20 (ESV)
Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you.  And behold, "I am with you always, to the end of the age."

Go & teach others what Christ has taught you - and you will be a useful tool in God's toolbox!
You will be the tool God choses to fix and mend broken hearts!

Your sis in the faith,
Penny

Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from you and value what you have to say. God bless you and thanks for stopping by!