I'm so glad you've stopped by my blog! I am a Women's Minister and a former Pastor's Wife. I love finding God in my regular-everyday-stuff. I struggle with keeping up with the laundry, I love blogging, and my kids are my first line of ministry. I am recently widowed. So God and I are on a brand new journey as I try to find peace and understanding. Please grab a cup of coffee and let's get to know one another as we journey on our faith walk together.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Terrified... yet brave!

Yesterday was such an amazing day for me!  All the hard work of studying, assignments, crying, and so much more finally paid off - when the Head of the Science Department of my Alma Mater offered me a Teacher position!!!

It almost doesn't seem real!  So... in celebration my Mom decided to make her famous chocolate chip cookies!  They are seriously the best thing you ever put in your mouth!  When all of a sudden, we hear terrifying screams coming from the driveway!!!

All of my emotions are on super alert and very sensitive these days and I immediately jump out of my seat and am barreling out the door.  We find little 4 year old JP holding the mouth of a really big dog's mouth closed as he stands there screaming in fear!
Opas Centti
This big black dog had wandered into our yard.  And yes, this dog is bigger than my sweet little boy and he was so scared, but he didn't want this dog to bite him, so he stood there holding his mouth tightly closed to ensure his safety, all the while still calling out for help!



I scooped him up into my arms assuring him that he would be okay.  Tears still rolling down his sweet little face, I told him how brave he was.
Later, as I thought about that moment... I realized it's a great picture of how we can be when we walk with the Lord.

We can still be afraid of danger.  We can still cry when things look scary and we're not sure if they will hurt us or not.  But to stand firm in the face of possible pain, calling out for help, yet standing brave is what Christ wants us of  - I believe.


Take a look at what Paul said:
Ephesians 6:10, 13 (ESV)
Finally, be strong in the Lord, and in the strength of His might.
Therefore, take up the full armor of God, that you may be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm.

JP stood firm yesterday.  He was so very scared.  And yet, he stood there - holding that dog's mouth shut - while waiting for his rescue.  He knew I would hear his cries and and he waited for me to scoop him up away from the danger.

What a picture!  I learned such a valuable lesson about standing firm in what I know to be true about my God!  Rarely in scripture do we see God telling us to run from hard situations.  Most of the time we see Him telling us to stand firm, be courageous, call out and wait on Him.  This is exactly what JP did and we can do the same!

The past 4 months have been extremely difficult.  I'm not sure that I've been as brave as JP was with the dog - but I've had to wait on the Lord.  And yesterday He showed me that He's heard my cries and He scooped me up and rescued me with this amazing job!

Thank you Lord for this visual - I will hold this close to my heart as I continue to follow in your path for my life!

Creative Commons License photo credit: smerikal



Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from you and value what you have to say. God bless you and thanks for stopping by!