I'm so glad you've stopped by my blog! I am a Women's Minister and a former Pastor's Wife. I love finding God in my regular-everyday-stuff. I struggle with keeping up with the laundry, I love blogging, and my kids are my first line of ministry. I am recently widowed. So God and I are on a brand new journey as I try to find peace and understanding. Please grab a cup of coffee and let's get to know one another as we journey on our faith walk together.

Sunday, May 8, 2011

His Word Sunday

What an amazing amount of love!!

I know it may seem strange to hear this coming from me.... but this morning I'm actually at quite a loss for words.  I know I need to put something in a card to give to my Mother - but earthly words are just not coming to my mind that seem adequate for all that my Mother has done for me.

And I'm not referring to "all that she's done for me" in my 40 years of living - I'm really just talking about within the last 4 1/2 months!

She has traveled 4 hours in the dark to a remote place that was extremely hard to find to be with me when John moved to Heaven.

She held my hand through all the very hard parts of planning John's Celebration of Life service - and of course watched her 2 very energetic grandchildren at the same time.

She then traveled with me to New Orleans and worked tirelessly packing boxes and cleaning out a very very full & messy garage!  (Whew - I think that was the worst part!)  And of course watched her 2 very energetic grandchildren at the same time!

But it doesn't stop there... she then funded and helped transform their very comfortable house for 2 into a house for 5!  And of course daily watches, bathes, feeds, guides, trains, teaches, her very 2 energetic grandchildren!

Daily she listens to the drama of my new life - the good, the bad, the hard, the "Oh-my-how-am-I-going-to-do-this?" conversations.

So what do I say to a woman who has done all this for me?



I think I'm just going to let Paul say it for me - for this is how I feel about my Mom today...

I Corinthians 13:4-8  (NASB)
Love is patient, love is kind, and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.  Love never fails.


I love you Mom more than you will ever know!  I'm so glad God gave me you as my Mom!

Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from you and value what you have to say. God bless you and thanks for stopping by!