I'm so glad you've stopped by my blog! I am a Women's Minister and a former Pastor's Wife. I love finding God in my regular-everyday-stuff. I struggle with keeping up with the laundry, I love blogging, and my kids are my first line of ministry. I am recently widowed. So God and I are on a brand new journey as I try to find peace and understanding. Please grab a cup of coffee and let's get to know one another as we journey on our faith walk together.

Sunday, May 22, 2011

His Word Sunday

Whose Glory so I seek?

Well, it's Sunday, May 22, 2011 and we're all still here.  I think I must have been hiding under a rock for the past several days.  I just learned yesterday that the world was supposed to end last night.

And yet... here I am on Sunday morning - writing my blog!  No worries, the topic of today's His Word Sunday is not about this "prophet" - but rather something much more important.

Today I read the follow verses in my One Year Bible.  It was written about the people who actually got to hear - audibly - the very words of Jesus.  Imagine for a moment what it would have been like to hear His very words - out loud.

I prayed this morning that I never do what these people did after hearing a word from the Lord:

John 12:42-43 (ESV)
Nevertheless, many even of the authorities believed in Him, 
but for fear of the Pharisees they did not confess it, 
so that they would not be put out of the synagogue; 
for they loved the glory that comes from man 
more than the glory that comes from God.

Meditate on these verses today.  Which do you seek?  Don't let the approval of men (or yourself) be louder than glory that comes from God!

Just a few verses earlier... I read this and I  believe this is the key - proximity to the Lord...

John 12:26 (ESV)
If anyone serves Me, he must follow Me; 
and where I am, there will My servant be also.



Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from you and value what you have to say. God bless you and thanks for stopping by!