I'm so glad you've stopped by my blog! I am a Women's Minister and a former Pastor's Wife. I love finding God in my regular-everyday-stuff. I struggle with keeping up with the laundry, I love blogging, and my kids are my first line of ministry. I am recently widowed. So God and I are on a brand new journey as I try to find peace and understanding. Please grab a cup of coffee and let's get to know one another as we journey on our faith walk together.

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

The Confidence of a 4 Year Old

Each Sunday as we arrive at church my children go through this little routine. I've actually come to love it and I wanted to share some of these precious moments with you all.

We're still living with my parents have come to call it home rather naturally. We all 5 ride to church together and have the most interesting conversations all the way to church. But as everyone "unloads" the routine begins. JP loves to yell, "I want to be the leader!" - as he runs ahead of everyone else as we traverse the parking lot.

As pass by the "greeters", JP likes to do his best to open the big heavy glass door (and we let him) and hold it open for us all. He likes for you to say he's being a gentleman!

What is Jordan doing this whole time? She likes to be right beside me - walking like me, holding her purse and Bible like me... it's really kind of cute!

Now we're approaching my favorite part of JP's Sunday routine. He says and does this every week. I wait for it just to make sure it's still true - I know it is - but I love hearing & watching it all the same...

As we're walking into the really big and open church foyer, he says, "Mommy, I know where I'm going!" Then he walks very boldly and confidently to his Sunday School room. I absolutely love it! He walks with such sureness about how not only how to get to where he's going, but excitement about what he knows he will find when he gets there!

This past Sunday as he went through this entire routine, and got to the last part about "knowing where he was going" - I looked over at my Mom and we both smiled a proud Mother and Grandmother smile - then I said, "I wish I could say that!"

Obviously not about how to get to my Sunday School class - but just about life in general. Don't you?

I wish I had the confidence of my little 4 year old. JP knows what is around each corner of his little pathway to his room. He also knows what will be found in his room. He knows once he gets there he will be given God's Word and he runs with excitement to his destination.

I want this! I want to move with excitement down God's path for me. I want to walk with bold and confident steps, knowing that He is leading me and holding my hand every step of the way.

 The specifics of my career, my future may still be unknown. I may not be able to answer the question, "What will I be when I grow up?" - even though I'm 40! And I may not be able to know the twists and turns like JP does - but I do know that God is there waiting to tell reveal to me His great story.




Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from you and value what you have to say. God bless you and thanks for stopping by!