I'm so glad you've stopped by my blog! I am a Women's Minister and a former Pastor's Wife. I love finding God in my regular-everyday-stuff. I struggle with keeping up with the laundry, I love blogging, and my kids are my first line of ministry. I am recently widowed. So God and I are on a brand new journey as I try to find peace and understanding. Please grab a cup of coffee and let's get to know one another as we journey on our faith walk together.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

What do you open first?

Whew!  I'm not sure what part of my day is the most hectic - mornings or evenings?  Mornings are filled with many personal activities plus getting kids dressed and out the door... evenings are filled with dinner, homework, piano, T-Ball, bath-time, story-time, etc.

So this morning as I realized my alarm was going off at 4:30am... I ran through my list - prayer time, write my blog, exercise, pack kids backpacks, pack my own necessities for a day of subbing at the high school, you know this really could go on and on...

I was extremely tempted to open Facebook and email to see what had gone on overnight.  I love watching Fox News - so I really wanted to turn on the TV to get caught up in the news department.  I wanted to turn on my treadmill and get that knocked out first.  I for sure wanted to turn on the coffee pot and get that brewing so I could function for the rest of the morning!

What do you turn on or open first?

My Rockstar (my husband) always had a personal rule - and he did his best to pass on to me - that he would only first open his Bible before "opening" or "turning on" anything else.  He knew that in order to properly function throughout the day - his Bible and time with God had to come first!  He always used to say, "Before I open my computer, before I open the door to my office, before I open up voicemail - I open my Bible to listen to God first!"

I recently heard a cable TV commercial.  The lady in the ad says this, "The first thing I turn on every day is my TV - and right after that, it's my computer."  This ad encourages us to put a tangible thing first!  How backwards!

I must admit this is often a struggle for me - I want to turn on the news, open my Facebook, open my email, open my Twitter, turn on my iPod - all so I can "feel" connected - plugged in to what's going on!

I'm curious this morning... do you struggle with this too?  What do you turn on - or open - first thing in the morning?

Think of the difference we could make for God - or the difference in our very own spirits -  if we opened God's Word before we opened our computers!






Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from you and value what you have to say. God bless you and thanks for stopping by!