I'm so glad you've stopped by my blog! I am a Women's Minister and a former Pastor's Wife. I love finding God in my regular-everyday-stuff. I struggle with keeping up with the laundry, I love blogging, and my kids are my first line of ministry. I am recently widowed. So God and I are on a brand new journey as I try to find peace and understanding. Please grab a cup of coffee and let's get to know one another as we journey on our faith walk together.

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Heavenly Heat Transfer

I have not been as faithful to my blog lately - mainly due to tests, assignments, and course requirements...

Last Tuesday I took my Math Certification Test.  It just about consumed me completely!  My test started at 9am and wasn't over until 2pm!  Yes, I stayed the entire time!

The results?  I learned on Friday I did not pass.  Okay, to be honest I technically passed - I made a 70 - but I must pass with an 80 for it be classified as "Passing."   Therefore, I'm on the schedule to take it again on July 5th.

In the mean time, I'm still going through the Science Online Coursework for my Alternate Certification.  I have 132 hours of coursework I must complete online before June 20th.  Scattered throughout these websites are quizzes, tests, assignments.  In good 'ol East Texas vernacular... I gotta tell ya - I'm tired of tests!!!

As I was studying the Science material I came across this question and just had to laugh, "How has Heat Transfer made a difference in your life?"  The author's intent was to make you realize that Heat Transfer is in your everyday life whether you realize it or not.  Well, I'm here to tell these folks, I'm VERY aware that Heat Transfer has filled my life!

The technical definition of Heat Transfer is this:
The transfer of heat is normally from a high temperature object to a lower temperature object.  Heat transfer changes the internal energy of both systems involved according to the Law of Thermodynamics.

The transfer of heat from a higher temperature object to a lower temperature object.  Interesting.  I know you're probably all getting tired of learning a bit of physics and chemistry from my blog - but let me explain....

Have you ever thought about how the Lord uses heat in our own life to move us to action.  I think we've probably all experienced times in our life when "the heat has been turned up."

I think God was more than aware of the workings of the Laws of Thermodynamics way before any famous physicist!  

He's been moving His higher temperatures into our lower temperatures since the beginning of time!  This process of heavenly heat transfer has been the start of great works - Moses and the burning bush and countless altar experiences - just to name a few!

Let's see, my husband and I work for 10 years planting churches that struggled every day, then the Lord brings him home, I'm left with many financial issues, two small children to raise and obstacles at every corner trying to find a career that will sustain us all.  I could write a book answering the question above about how heat transfer has made a difference in my life!

Right now I think I could go for a little "cooling off period" - but then I read things like this...

Zechariah 13:8-9 (ESV)
In the whole land, declares the Lord, two thirds shall be cut off and perish, and one third shall be left alive.  And I will put this third into the fire, and refine them as one refines silver, and test them as gold is tested.  They will call upon my name, and I will answer them.  I will say, "They are my people"; and they will say, "The Lord is my God."

While I am getting burned from all this "heat transfer" I know that my God is refining me for His work.  I just must  be willing to endure.  I want this heat transfer to show that I belong to the Lord.  I want my God to say, "This one's Mine!  Don't you see the markings?  This one's been through My fire and has come out tested and pure!"  I was His higher heat to move into my lower heated life and cause me to move to a move excited state - a more useful state!

"Lord, please give me the strength to endure all this Heavenly heat transfer.  I know parts of me needs to burned off - help me to make it through this painful process and come out refined on the other side!"



Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from you and value what you have to say. God bless you and thanks for stopping by!