I'm so glad you've stopped by my blog! I am a Women's Minister and a former Pastor's Wife. I love finding God in my regular-everyday-stuff. I struggle with keeping up with the laundry, I love blogging, and my kids are my first line of ministry. I am recently widowed. So God and I are on a brand new journey as I try to find peace and understanding. Please grab a cup of coffee and let's get to know one another as we journey on our faith walk together.

Friday, May 20, 2011

Brave the dark... and let it shine!

Today is my little girl's birthday!  Our sweet little Jordan Paige is 7 years old today!  I remember the day we found out Jordan would be a girl.  John was so excited!!

Those 2 were such a great team!  They really had a super special Daddy/Daughter bond.  So to keep his memory alive today I have a special song for my blog.

On almost any given day or evening you could find Jordan & John outside singing songs.  Either making up new ones or singing some old faithfuls.  They were constantly saying to one another, "Hey listen to this new song I wrote..." or "let's sing this song together."

There was always time for music in the Franklin house!

I know today is going to be a happy day.  Jordan is going to make sure of that for sure!  However, it's yet another "first" that we're experiencing without him.  I miss him so much today.  John LOVED to celebrate.  The big the small - but especially birthdays!  Sometimes I just can't believe that he won't be here for all the birthdays to come.

I'm so thankful to have my family and friends so close by during this time.  It makes being brave through this dark new road so much easier.

I recently heard this song and I LOVE it!  It reminds me of the innocence of those younger days and yet maintains a wonderful message for us all today.

I love the line that says, "I'm gonna brave the dark and let my little light shine."  This is exactly what we're all doing day by day!





Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from you and value what you have to say. God bless you and thanks for stopping by!