I'm so glad you've stopped by my blog! I am a Women's Minister and a former Pastor's Wife. I love finding God in my regular-everyday-stuff. I struggle with keeping up with the laundry, I love blogging, and my kids are my first line of ministry. I am recently widowed. So God and I are on a brand new journey as I try to find peace and understanding. Please grab a cup of coffee and let's get to know one another as we journey on our faith walk together.

Sunday, May 15, 2011

His Word Sunday

No Sword - Just the Lord

This morning I read a very familiar passage from my One Year Bible - David & Goliath.  It's easy to skim this story because we all know it so well.  But these verses stuck out to me today and I wanted to share them with you.

1 Samuel 17:45, 50 (ESV)
Then David said to the Philistine, "You come to me with a sword and with a spear and with a javelin, but I come to you in the name of the Lord of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied."  

So David prevailed over the Philistine with a sling and with a stone, and struck the Philistine and killed him.  There was no sword in the hand of David.

I love this picture!  We CAN prevail - even when we're up against some pretty deadly weapons!  This week as you come up against the giants in your life take with you the name of the Lord of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel and fight confidently!




Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from you and value what you have to say. God bless you and thanks for stopping by!