I'm so glad you've stopped by my blog! I am a Women's Minister and a former Pastor's Wife. I love finding God in my regular-everyday-stuff. I struggle with keeping up with the laundry, I love blogging, and my kids are my first line of ministry. I am recently widowed. So God and I are on a brand new journey as I try to find peace and understanding. Please grab a cup of coffee and let's get to know one another as we journey on our faith walk together.

Sunday, June 5, 2011

His Word Sunday

His Mercy is Great

Have you ever given your children a choice of their preferred punishment?  Like... you can either be grounded from the phone or from going out with your friends, etc?

God gave David a choice of consequences for his sin as well.  To be honest - none of them sounded good to me - not a single one jumped out at me as the "lesser one".  However, I learned this morning a better way to pray when I do mess up - and found something really amazing at the end!

2 Samuel 24:14-16 (ESV)
Then David said to Gad, "I am in great distress.  Let us fall into the hand of the Lord, for His mercy is great; but let me not fall into the hand of man."

So the Lord sent a pestilence on Israel from morning until the appointed time.  And there died of the people from Dan to Beersheba 70,000 men.  

And when the angel stretched out his hand toward Jerusalem to destroy it, the Lord relented from the calamity and said to the angel who was working destruction among the people, "It is enough; now stay your hand."


(This entire story is wonderful - 
if you want to read more about his choices 
and what sin he committed read 2 Samuel 24:1-25)


Today this is my prayer...

Lord, I would much rather fall into Your hand, for Your mercies are great!  Please let me not fall into the hand of men!

I long to hear you say, "It is enough and I will stay My hand concerning you."  Amen.

Have a great Sunday!

Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from you and value what you have to say. God bless you and thanks for stopping by!