I'm so glad you've stopped by my blog! I am a Women's Minister and a former Pastor's Wife. I love finding God in my regular-everyday-stuff. I struggle with keeping up with the laundry, I love blogging, and my kids are my first line of ministry. I am recently widowed. So God and I are on a brand new journey as I try to find peace and understanding. Please grab a cup of coffee and let's get to know one another as we journey on our faith walk together.

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Reaping a little joy

At the end of the school year JP had to work on some vocabulary words in his 3 Year Old Pre-K class.  To make it fun they all had to to a little "project" with their specific word.  JP's word was "SEEDS."

So me & Mom went to the store and bought seeds of things we knew would 1) really grow and 2) would produce some very visible results.  Our choices were beans and sunflowers.

The past couple of weeks we have all enjoyed a few of JP's beans at dinner time.  It's been really fun for him to actually eat what he planted!

Today I read this verse in my One Year Bible and I must say - yesterday I got 2 visuals of how this verse looked in my every day life...

Psalm 126:4-6 (ESV)
Restore our fortunes, O Lord, like streams in the Negeb!
Those who sow in tears shall reap with shouts of joy!
He who goes out weeping, 
bearing the seed for sowing, 
shall come home with shouts of joy...

Yesterday JP & I had to run to the store before dinner.  It was just he & I in the car, so I seized this opportunity with a captive audience to check on his little heart.  I asked him how his heart was handling Daddy living in Heaven.  He was quiet for just a moment and then he said this...

"Well, I'm sad he's not here - 
but I'm so happy in my new home."

I must also share with you the picture of his sunflower that he planted himself...


My dear friends - JP's sweet little comment and this flower is what "shouts of joy" looks like!

We still have our days of weeping - but for today, I'm thanking God that JP has joy!


Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from you and value what you have to say. God bless you and thanks for stopping by!