I'm so glad you've stopped by my blog! I am a Women's Minister and a former Pastor's Wife. I love finding God in my regular-everyday-stuff. I struggle with keeping up with the laundry, I love blogging, and my kids are my first line of ministry. I am recently widowed. So God and I are on a brand new journey as I try to find peace and understanding. Please grab a cup of coffee and let's get to know one another as we journey on our faith walk together.

Sunday, June 26, 2011

His Word Sunday

Today, in my One Year Bible I read a great sermon given by Paul while he was in Athens.  In fact, he delivered this sermon at Areopagus - which is where the Roman senate was held, also known as Mars Hill.

I wanted to share just a bit of it with you here (it's quite famous and perhaps you know it well)...

This is what some of the people said of Paul,

Acts 17:19-20 (ESV)
And they took him and brought him to the Areopagus, saying, 
"May we know what this new teaching is that you are presenting?  
For you bring some strange things to our ears.  
We wish to know therefore what these things mean."


And this is just a portion of what he said to them... (if you want to read the entire passage - turn to Acts 17:22-31)

Acts 17:24-28 (ESV)
The God who made the world and everything in it, being Lord of heaven and earth, does not live in temples made by man, nor is He served by human hands, as though He needed anything, since He Himself gives to all mankind life and breath and everything.  And He made from one man every nation of mankind to live on all the face of the earth, having determined allotted periods and the boundaries of their dwelling place, that they should seek God, in the hope that they might feel their way toward Him and find Him.  Yet He is actually not far from each one of us, for "In Him we live and move and have our being."


Read this again if you necessary - perhaps it's strange to your ears as well.  There is so much here to take to heart.  I love many parts of this passage.  Many of them make me think of things John used to preach.  I don't have time to go into all of those this morning.

Just breathe in the last part - "In Him we live and move and have our being" - Thank God for that this morning.

Enjoy your day of rest & worship!
I love you all dearly!

Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from you and value what you have to say. God bless you and thanks for stopping by!