I'm so glad you've stopped by my blog! I am a Women's Minister and a former Pastor's Wife. I love finding God in my regular-everyday-stuff. I struggle with keeping up with the laundry, I love blogging, and my kids are my first line of ministry. I am recently widowed. So God and I are on a brand new journey as I try to find peace and understanding. Please grab a cup of coffee and let's get to know one another as we journey on our faith walk together.

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Daddy's Bible

It's quite in my house, but I know not for long... in fact, I may have to pause my writing and finish this later in the day.

Our house is filled with family who are still here from all the weekend excitement.  I'm not sure if you saw on Facebook, but my oldest child is now a true child of God!  Jordan got saved on Wednesday night.



I would love to share just a little of the story with you here, for there is no better message - no greater passion - than to share with one comes to the Lord!  This should not be common place in any life or any home or any church!

Last week was our church's VBS.  I know that Thursday is set aside as "decision" day during this exciting week.  Our Senior Pastor always leads the Open Assembly on that day as he presents the gospel to all the kids at that time.

I didn't want Jordan to be clear across the gym from me (her with the 2nd Graders and me with the 5th Graders) - if she felt the leading of the Holy Spirit.

So Wednesday night, June 8th - after bath time, I told Jordan to find her Bible and meet me on my bed and we were going to have a special time together.

However... Jordan came to me very sad and worried.  She had left her brand new Bible at church!
I gave her a little lecture on the importance of remembering and being responsible with our things.  I then told her not to worry, we would just use mine.

But then I had become worried and sad for I discovered I too left my Bible at church!  I immediately apologized to Jordan and told her we would make our time together extra special and use Daddy's Bible.

I had her turn to all those important verses... (thanks Kevin for making us memorize them for VBS!):
John 3:16, Romans 3:23, Romans 6:23, Romans 5:8, Romans 10:9

Jordan read all the verses out loud and I explained them to her as she read.  Then at the end of our time together we prayed together.  Yes, tears were shed, pictures were drawn, and many other intimate moments that are not appropriate for a blog - but to hear my sweet little girl pray - asking Jesus to be the boss of her life forever was the most precious sound I've ever heard!!!

On Thursday morning during the special Open Assembly with the Senior Pastor, Jordan bolding raised her hand, "walked the aisle", and publically professed her faith!

Then.... as if that was not enough.... John's brother - Joe Franklin - drove from the other side of Texas to baptize her in a special Sunday night service.

Once we recognize our need for Christ in our lives we have a responsibility to tell others.  Over the weekend, my Mom heard Jordan telling her cousins what it means to be a Christian!  I'm so proud of her immediate obedience to our Lord!

I know that her Daddy, my Rockstar
was celebrating with the angels and our Lord at this great event in Heaven!




Hebrews 12:1 (ESV)
Since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses....

Luke 15:10  (NASB)
I tell you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents.




Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from you and value what you have to say. God bless you and thanks for stopping by!