I'm so glad you've stopped by my blog! I am a Women's Minister and a former Pastor's Wife. I love finding God in my regular-everyday-stuff. I struggle with keeping up with the laundry, I love blogging, and my kids are my first line of ministry. I am recently widowed. So God and I are on a brand new journey as I try to find peace and understanding. Please grab a cup of coffee and let's get to know one another as we journey on our faith walk together.

Friday, June 17, 2011

Knocked down - but not out forever!

The kids & I are experiencing another "first" this weekend - Father's Day.

Please keep us in your prayers as we've got 2 really big ones ahead of us.



Sunday is Father's Day and then just 2 weeks later is John's Birthday.  He would have been 41.

I had a really hard night last night.  Grief shows up in the strangest ways sometimes.  Ways that have actually surprised me.  Quite frankly I'm feel very "knocked down."

I know I won't feel this way forever.  It reminds me of this verse:

2 Corinthians 4:8-9 (NLT)
We are pressed on every side by troubles, 
but we are not crushed.  
We are perplexed, but not driven to despair.  
We are hunted down, but never abandoned by God.  
We get knocked down, but we are not destroyed.

I'm not sure I'm totally here yet... but this song gives me hope.  I may be knocked down - but one day I will shine again, one day I will feel like I'm not "out" forever.




Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from you and value what you have to say. God bless you and thanks for stopping by!