I'm so glad you've stopped by my blog! I am a Women's Minister and a former Pastor's Wife. I love finding God in my regular-everyday-stuff. I struggle with keeping up with the laundry, I love blogging, and my kids are my first line of ministry. I am recently widowed. So God and I are on a brand new journey as I try to find peace and understanding. Please grab a cup of coffee and let's get to know one another as we journey on our faith walk together.

Monday, June 6, 2011

Will I be recognized?

Today I'm venturing down a road I've never traveled!

Teaching 5th Grade VBS!

I know, I know... you would think as long as I have been in church that I would have taught VBS somewhere along the way.  However, most of my adult years I was either running from God - or planting small struggling churches for God and therefore never had the opportunity to serve in this manner.

Our church is doing the Big Apple Adventure for Vacation Bible School.  Did you know that the very first VBS was conducted in New York City?!

Our church does an AMAZING job for VBS!  Last night we had service in the gym - which has been turned into an NYC wonderland - complete with city buildings, taxicabs, diners, tour buses, Statue of Liberty and everything!

After a brief service, the people were instructed to go into each room where the children will gather and pray.  Pray over the chairs, the craft rooms, the music room - basically each place the children will have an opportunity to encounter the gospel.

Our Director encouraged us weeks ago to pray for the one child that we will lead to Christ this week.  I will be looking for my "one child" eagerly today!

But before any of that can happen, I have to first meet with the Lord myself.  I do nothing on my own - but what comes out of my mouth today (and the rest of the week) needs to originate from the Lord!  I want desperately for those kids to know - rather see - that I've been with Jesus.

Check this out...

Acts 4:13 (ESV)
Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, 
and perceived that they were uneducated, 
common men, there were astonished.  
And they recognized that they had been with Jesus.

I'm just a regular person.  I'm not someone famous that the kids will be excited to see.  In fact, I've been gone from this church for so many year, I'm pretty confident that NONE of them will even know me personally!  They will not recognize me as "Penny Franklin" - But I do want them to recognize something or Someone special in me... Jesus.

What a verse!  "They recognized that they had been with Jesus."  Could this be said of you today?

I want those kids to be astonished at my boldness and excitement - and want desperately what He has given me to offer them!


Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from you and value what you have to say. God bless you and thanks for stopping by!