I'm so glad you've stopped by my blog! I am a Women's Minister and a former Pastor's Wife. I love finding God in my regular-everyday-stuff. I struggle with keeping up with the laundry, I love blogging, and my kids are my first line of ministry. I am recently widowed. So God and I are on a brand new journey as I try to find peace and understanding. Please grab a cup of coffee and let's get to know one another as we journey on our faith walk together.

Sunday, June 19, 2011

His Word Sunday

Today, I'm going to have 2 posts.  This morning I'm going to start with my normal "His Word Sunday" - and then later today - perhaps even tonight, I'm going to post something special for Father's Day.

I wanted to write something special about our very first Father's Day with John being in Heaven, but honestly the kids had a fun-filled day with their cousin and were asleep before I could do what I wanted to do... but also, I can't in right mind skip or replace honoring our Heavenly Father first.

I absolutely love how God calls Himself "Our Father" - more so today than I think I ever have.  I wonder if He did that because He knew there would be those who needed a "Daddy" for whatever reason this fallen world has brought upon us.

Therefore, as I do every Sunday morning, I met with the Lord, our Heavenly Father and read my One Year Bible.

Today I would like to challenge you to do something.  It's actually something the rulers of Antioch asked of Paul and his companions.

Acts 13:14-15 (ESV)
And on the Sabbath day they went into the synagogue and sat down.  After the reading from the Law and the Prophets, the rulers of the synagogue sent a message to them, saying, "Brothers, if you have any word of encouragement for the people, say it."

My dear sweet friends, today and in the days to come, after reading your Bible, if you have a word of encouragement... if the Lord has shown you something that gives you hope for the moment, for the day, or for your very life - please - please say it!  Don't keep it a secret!

We may never know the how the very smallest or insignificant thing will lift someone else out of a slump.  We may never know how a smile in the midst of our own pain can give someone else hope to take the next step in their own day.

Notice the order here... after the reading from God's Word... verbal encouragement followed.

I know today is going to be a hard day.  In fact, I'm already a bit weepy as I type this post.  But even on a day like this, I know my God has asked me to "say it" -  to encouragement people in their walk of faith.  It is my prayer that you will do the same today.

(Later today, I will be posting about how our very first Father's Day with John in Heaven went.  I want to honor John on my blog today and do just that after church.  Thank you all for your prayers on this very special day - and I wish all the Dads in our lives - (Papa, Papa Louie, Uncle Joe & Uncle Ted) a very Happy Father's Day!)



Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from you and value what you have to say. God bless you and thanks for stopping by!