I'm so glad you've stopped by my blog! I am a Women's Minister and a former Pastor's Wife. I love finding God in my regular-everyday-stuff. I struggle with keeping up with the laundry, I love blogging, and my kids are my first line of ministry. I am recently widowed. So God and I are on a brand new journey as I try to find peace and understanding. Please grab a cup of coffee and let's get to know one another as we journey on our faith walk together.

Friday, July 2, 2010

Daddy, your words are singing!

I debated on whether to put this post on this blog or our family blog and thought it best fit here. (I know what you're thinking... how in the world do I have time for two blogs!  I know.  It's a fun life we lead here in the Franklin house!)

Several Saturday mornings ago - John & I were enjoying a lazy day where we could "sleep late."  I put that in quotes to let you know that I'm using this term "sleep" loosely as well as the term "late."  In our house, our children love to rise with the sun.  I know this to be a godly quality, so I certainly do not want to punish them for their rising - but it would be GREAT if they could occupy their time in a quieter and less intrusive manner! 

Both of our children LOVE music!  If you know my husband, I'm sure this comes as no surprise.  Often when we go up to the church to visit my husband, the kids love to go in the worship center, stand on the stage and sing!  They sing just about anything from "Jesus Loves Me" to "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" and recently they have been singing the "Saddle Ridge Ranch" songs from VBS.

Back to the lazy Saturday morning....
One of the ways they decided to entertain themselves (until we got up) was to listen to some of their CD's together in Jordan's room.  After several songs from various CD's, Jordan puts in an old worship CD that John made many years ago.  Now Jordan, as a baby, couldn't go to sleep unless this was playing in her room.  It was so cute!  She hasn't played it in quite some time and so therefore I think JP didn't even remember that we did the same for him when he was a baby.  As the music started and John began to sing JP was AMAZED to hear his Daddy's voice coming through the CD player.  He got so excited that he ran up to our room - footsteps pounding the hardwood floor stairs and then running across our room - out of breathe he yelled to John, "Daddy!  Your words are singing!"



It was so cute!  I couldn't help but wake up to such a beautiful sentiment.

You know we can say the same thing about God's words.  1) He is our heavenly Daddy.  2) His words sing.  How many times have you read a verse and immediately began singing a song that uses the exact words as lyrics?!  Just recently I read Proverbs 18:10, "The name of the Lord is a strong tower, the righteous runs to it and is safe."  This is a very familiar children's praise song.  I even started doing the motions when I read the verse!

Did you know that God says in His word that He sings over us?  So it makes sense that we would take His words and put them to music! 

Much like John's CD played in Jordan & JP's rooms as they were babies - our Lord sings over us as well.  My children were comforted enough to sleep when they heard their Daddy's voice - we too can be comforted by the Lord's singing over us.

"The Lord your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing."  (Zeph 3:17)

Today turn on your heavenly CD player (ie - your Bible) and let the Lord sing over you.  And as you hear His Words say to him through tears or with gladness - "Daddy!  Your words are singing!"


I love you all dearly!
Your sis in the faith,
Pen

Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

2 comments:

Trina said...

Love it!

grandmotherpic said...

Ok, this is definitely the best one yet..!!! I love it. I do remember that cd in fact I think I still have one because I used to need it myself when they would come for a visit or maybe even the 1st Grandmother Camp. Yes, God does sing over us and i have needed that music so much this week. In fact the "Strong Tower" hymn has been one that He has sung at least 3 times this week just to make it through the week. I can hardly wait to see how your children's words lessons are going to change & remorph as they grow. Keep in mind that they can still preach & teach through some not so cute and sweet words as they do now. I know you think that will never come, but remember God uses vinegar and honey on His children..Love ya.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from you and value what you have to say. God bless you and thanks for stopping by!