I'm so glad you've stopped by my blog! I am a Women's Minister and a former Pastor's Wife. I love finding God in my regular-everyday-stuff. I struggle with keeping up with the laundry, I love blogging, and my kids are my first line of ministry. I am recently widowed. So God and I are on a brand new journey as I try to find peace and understanding. Please grab a cup of coffee and let's get to know one another as we journey on our faith walk together.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

A Birthday Message...

Well... I feel as if I should write something today... but to be honest I'm struggling with what to write.  I knew & remembered what I wrote before I checked it - but I re-read what I wrote this time last year.

Last year's Birthday Blog

I wrote about the hopefulness of the new decade that I'm now living in  - my 40's.  I wrote about how excited I was about what God had in store for me in this new phase of my life.  Little did I know that just 3 months later that would include saying, "Goodbye, I'll see ya in Heaven" to the love of my life!

I miss him so very much!  I wish tonight we could enjoy a quiet evening together.  At a restaurant of my choosing... and talk about many things.  I would tell him about all of my classes - the ones that challenge me and the ones that make me smile.

I would love to laugh with him about the latest cute things the kids have said.  Like, JP just said last week, "Mommy, why am I growing so SLOW?!"  Oh, if he only knew how fast it was in my eyes!!

To be honest, I would love to just sit with him and just catch my breath.  It seems like the last 8.5 months have been filled to the brim with almost more than I can handle.

And yet... I know my God has given me His strength to do all that has transpired.  As I read my Bible this morning, I asked the Lord was there a Word in today's reading just for me.  A "Birthday Message" if you will.

The Proverb from my One Year Bible really spoke to me today:

Proverbs 23:12 (ESV)
Apply your heart to instruction and your ear to words of knowledge.

This is what I'm taking with me out into today.  Last year, I wrote naively about a new decade that was sure to be filled with wonderful things.  Yes, wonderful things are still happening every day!  Yes, God still has a beautiful life planned for me and my incredible kiddos.

But today, I'm going to focus this new decade on applying my heart to instruction and leaning my ear on God's Word.  I know have so much still to learn!



Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from you and value what you have to say. God bless you and thanks for stopping by!