I'm so glad you've stopped by my blog! I am a Women's Minister and a former Pastor's Wife. I love finding God in my regular-everyday-stuff. I struggle with keeping up with the laundry, I love blogging, and my kids are my first line of ministry. I am recently widowed. So God and I are on a brand new journey as I try to find peace and understanding. Please grab a cup of coffee and let's get to know one another as we journey on our faith walk together.

Sunday, September 25, 2011

His Word Sunday

Growth & Participation

In my 41 years of walking on this planet, I've met many doers, and many watchers.

I'm sure you've heard that aged old saying,

"20% of the people do 80% of the work."






While this may be true... but this is NOT God's plan.  God wants us all to be about two things - growing and doing!

Check this out...

Ephesians 4: 15-16 (ESV)
Rather, speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in every way into Him who is the head, into Christ, from whom the whole body, joined and held together by every joint with which it is equipped, when each part is working properly, makes the body grow so that it builds itself up in love.

Did you catch it?

Grow up in every way into Him.  We are called to not just sit & soak - but rather to grow in Christ!

Also.... "when each part is working properly" - our churches need you, your job needs you, your families need you to be equipped and and working properly!

The end result?  Built up in love!  Just imagine the results of 100% of the people did 100% of the doing and the growing!

Have a great Sunday!


Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from you and value what you have to say. God bless you and thanks for stopping by!