I'm so glad you've stopped by my blog! I am a Women's Minister and a former Pastor's Wife. I love finding God in my regular-everyday-stuff. I struggle with keeping up with the laundry, I love blogging, and my kids are my first line of ministry. I am recently widowed. So God and I are on a brand new journey as I try to find peace and understanding. Please grab a cup of coffee and let's get to know one another as we journey on our faith walk together.

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

See you at the pole

In a previous blog, I mentioned that my new mission field is W127.  This is not some strange place - but rather my classroom at the High School where I teach Science.

Every day I am reminded of just how much these students are 1) very impressionable and 2) need the Lord in their life.


Today is "See You at the Pole"at 7am - and I'm looking forward to praying for my students in front of the school.

I'm not sure what to expect.  I'm not sure if I'm even really allowed to go... I'll have to report back on a later post.

I did bring it up in class yesterday and I had several students ask me if I would pray good things for them when I went to the pole.

Even these 14-year old kids are desperate for their lives to be better.  I read something today in my One Year Bible that gives me hope for them and for this prayer-filled activity today:

Isaiah 55:10 (ESV)
"For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven 
and do not return there but water the earth, 
making it bring forth and sprout, 
giving seed to the sower and bread to the eater, 
so shall my word be that goes out from my mouth; 
it shall not return to me empty, 
but it shall accomplish that which I purpose, 
and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it."

Powerful!  It shall not return empty - but shall accomplish God's purpose and will succeed!

This is my prayer for the students of my school.  They they will get a visual today of God's Word in action.  Prayer is not a last resort - it is the very foundation of who we are in Christ!

I pray that at least one student will see other students on their knees and see the hope of Christ.  And that this seeing... will lead them to the One who can cure their desperate heart.

One last thing...  as I mentioned "See You at the Pole", in my class, I had one student ask me where the flagpole was located.  As at most schools, the flagpole is centered directly in front of the school.  Sometimes we miss the very thing that is right in front of us!

It becomes commonplace that we don't even know it's there.

Don't let this happen with you and God and prayer!  Don't miss out on a daily relationship with God - don't take Him for granted that you don't even see Him anymore.

 He's usually centered directly in front of you!


Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from you and value what you have to say. God bless you and thanks for stopping by!