I'm so glad you've stopped by my blog! I am a Women's Minister and a former Pastor's Wife. I love finding God in my regular-everyday-stuff. I struggle with keeping up with the laundry, I love blogging, and my kids are my first line of ministry. I am recently widowed. So God and I are on a brand new journey as I try to find peace and understanding. Please grab a cup of coffee and let's get to know one another as we journey on our faith walk together.

Monday, September 26, 2011

What? No handles?

Last week Jordan submitted her very first school project!  She was allowed to have parental guidance and support, but of course she was required to actually do the work.

So my Mom and I helped her with a few suggestions on how to approach the project.  For the most part she agreed with and loved our ideas - step for step.

But the more confident she became the more she branched out on her own.  At times in the project she did things a little differently than I would have done them if it had been my own assignment.  I wanted to tell her "do it this way, it will be better" - but I knew I had to let her do it for herself.  Wasn't that the point - to let it be done her way, it's her grade.  Her teacher was not looking to see what Jordan's mommy could do - but rather what Jordan could do.

It took all that I had inside of me not to take over.  This was not the first time I've struggled with wanting to take over - to do things my way - to share how it could be done better.

I often times do this with the Lord.  I read a verse this weekend and realized I'm not the only one who struggles in this area.

Isaiah 45:9 (ESV)
"Woe to him who strives with Him who formed him, 
a pot among earthen pots!  
Does the clay say to Him who forms it, 
'What are you making?' or 
'Your work has no handles'?

Can you picture it?  A pot sitting on one of those spinning pottery wheels - saying to the maker, "What?!  You're making me with no handles?!  If I were making me, I would make me with handles!  I would be much better, I could be used for so much more if you would make me with handles!

Sounds silly doesn't it?

However, as soon as I read this, I saw myself in this verse.  I know I have said to God,

"What are you making of me?!  Why are you making me be single?!  If I were running this life, I would have left me with a wonderful husband!  I know I can serve you better with a husband! If I were doing this, I would do it better!"

The audacity right?  A pot has not right or really even any capability to change how the maker designs and fashions the pot.

Neither do we.  I don't see what God is making me into - yet I must trust that He knows what He's doing.  My job is not to yell, "What?!  No handles?!"  But rather to yield myself in His hands.

Simple message today - yet super hard to live out.  I must admit I struggle with this one.  I know I will get there eventually and I do trust Him.  And in this fleshly body, I still struggle.

Do you ever yell, "What?!  No handles?!"




Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from you and value what you have to say. God bless you and thanks for stopping by!