I'm so glad you've stopped by my blog! I am a Women's Minister and a former Pastor's Wife. I love finding God in my regular-everyday-stuff. I struggle with keeping up with the laundry, I love blogging, and my kids are my first line of ministry. I am recently widowed. So God and I are on a brand new journey as I try to find peace and understanding. Please grab a cup of coffee and let's get to know one another as we journey on our faith walk together.

Sunday, September 11, 2011

His Word Sunday

The Righteous Stand Firm

 Where were you?  I'm sure we all remember where we were on that fateful day.  When we heard that a plane hit the tower.  Then when we heard that the tower fell.

I remember John calling to check on me.  We were not yet engaged at that time, & I was impressed with the care he was giving my heart over this national tragedy.

I know these past 10 years has had "some" healing effect on the victim's families.  But I also know they still ache.  I know their hearts still hurt as they see time marching on without their loved ones.

When deep pain and trials come into our lives so often we wish we could just fly away from it all.

King David felt the exact same way....


Psalm 55:5-8 (ESV)
Fear & trembling come upon me, 
and horror overwhelms me.  

And I say, "Oh that I had wings like a dove! 
 I would fly away and be at rest; 
yes, I would wander far away; 
I would lodge in the wilderness; 
I would hurry to find shelter from 
the raging wind and tempest.

But look where God leads him to during these very raw & real feelings...

Psalm 55:22 (ESV)
Cast your burdens on the Lord 
and He will sustain you; 
He will never permit 
the righteous to be moved.

Today - let's all stand firm in the Lord.  He will sustain us all through these days of heavy burdens.




Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from you and value what you have to say. God bless you and thanks for stopping by!