I'm so glad you've stopped by my blog! I am a Women's Minister and a former Pastor's Wife. I love finding God in my regular-everyday-stuff. I struggle with keeping up with the laundry, I love blogging, and my kids are my first line of ministry. I am recently widowed. So God and I are on a brand new journey as I try to find peace and understanding. Please grab a cup of coffee and let's get to know one another as we journey on our faith walk together.

Sunday, September 18, 2011

His Word Sunday

Power Belongs to God


Today our church will be experiencing a "marker moment".  It will be a Sunday that will live in our hearts for a very long time.  Today our Pastor of 34 years will preach and we will celebrate him entering into a new ministry... retirement.

We are all very sad to see him leave this position.  We have all encountered his ministry some where along the road... whether it be joyful times like weddings, new homes, new jobs or sad times like funerals or other adversities that needed counseling, he has always been there for many many people.

He has been an excellent leader for this church.  He has fulfilled his calling in a wonderful way at Denman Avenue Baptist Church and we are all going to miss him greatly!  On days like this it's easy to wonder what we will do without him.  Where will our church go?  What will we, as a church, become?

But as I pray for our church and the next chapter we are entering, and I as I pray for our Pastor who is leaving and our Pastor who is to come - I know this....

God still has a plan of ministry for us all - and the power behind this ministry is not found in a single man - but in God alone.  And I believe He still has great plans for us all!

I read this verse this morning and found amazing comfort in the plan He has put before us all.

Psalm 62:5-8, 11-12 (ESV)
For God alone, O my soul, wait in silence, 
for my hope is from Him.  

He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress;
I shall not be shaken.

On God rests my salvation and my glory; 
my mighty rock, my refuge is God.

Trust in Him at all times, O people;
pour out your heart before Him; God is a refuge for us.

Once God has spoken; twice have I heard this: 
that power belongs to God, and that to You, 
O Lord, belongs steadfast love.






Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from you and value what you have to say. God bless you and thanks for stopping by!