To my surprise, I'm actually excited about what God has for me in this new phase of my life. My 30's were definitely better than my 20's and so I'm banking on that my 40's are going to be better than my 30's!
Here is my decade (30's) in review...
1. Moved to Ft. Worth and started Seminary.
2. Met the love of my life - John Franklin.
3. Started really working in ministry as a Women's Minister.
4. Experienced a 150ft. free fall (you won't see this on the 40 year-end review list)
5. Had the most beautiful wedding in Ft. Worth, Texas.
6. Enjoyed a fantastic honeymoon in St. Lucia!
7. Got to live in Austin, Texas - such a wonderful place!
8. Became a Church Planter with my husband.
9. Became a Mother to a daughter.
10. Became a Mother to a son.
11. Started and sold my own business!
12. Began speaking to Women's groups.
13. Started writing!
14. Began mentoring.
15. Started a ministry blog.
16. Added a new name... Aunt Penny - 4 times!
17. Said "Good-Bye, I'll see you in Heaven" - to the last of my Grandparents & my niece.
18. Bought and almost sold a house.
19. Saw many come to Christ!
20. Taught my Mom how to blog and understand Facebook!
21. Walked my daughter into her first day of Pre-K, Kindergarten, and 1st Grade!
22. Watched amazing sunsets while on vacation... with just my husband!
23. Attended my 20th High School Reunion
24. Watched my daughter be a flower girl in a wedding!
25. Planted a church in a Country & Western Bar!
26. Moved to New Orleans - (i.e., left Texas)
27. Experienced my first real Mardi Gras - New Orleans style!
28. Cooked Gumbo
There are so many more things that come to my mind as I'm typing... and I stand amazed at what God has done, done through me and allowed me to experience through Him!!!
Now if my God who can do exceedingly, abundantly more than I ask or think - did all this from 2000-2010, just imagine what He's going to do from 2010-2020!!!
I hope you all have a great day!
I know I am!!!