I'm so glad you've stopped by my blog! I am a Women's Minister and a former Pastor's Wife. I love finding God in my regular-everyday-stuff. I struggle with keeping up with the laundry, I love blogging, and my kids are my first line of ministry. I am recently widowed. So God and I are on a brand new journey as I try to find peace and understanding. Please grab a cup of coffee and let's get to know one another as we journey on our faith walk together.

Friday, September 3, 2010

Hanging out on the porch....

Want to REALLY know your God?  Learn His many names!
I recently completed a Bible study with the ladies of our church, and it truly transformed the way I pray and even approach my God.
Kay Arthur’s book, Lord I Want To Know You, covers the many Old Testament names of God.  I was truly amazed at how many different names my Lord has!!  We learned that the better we know His names, the better we will know how to communicate and relate to Him.
Think about it… how many names do you have?!
My friends call me Penny, but my closest friends call me Pen.  My children call me Mommy, and my husband calls me Babe.  Kids in the church call me Mrs. Penny and my daughter’s teacher calls me Mrs. Franklin.  I know how to respond, often times by the name that I am called.  Our God is much the same way!
I'm thrilled to be featured on 29 Lincoln Avenue today!  
To read the rest... click below!

iFellowship


Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

3 comments:

stacey29lincoln said...

Love your heart girl and so glad to have you as Porch guest!


Thanks so much!

Toyin O. said...

Great post. El roi is my favorite also. Thank God, he sees me when no one else does.

grandmotherpic said...

Penny, you know that I have done this study many times and it is one of my all time favorites except maybe the one on the tabernacle...however, this is the best commentary on it I have ever read. You put it in such a practical-- right perspective. Thank you for reminding me this day about about our Wonderful God through His names. "Dear God, when are you going to put this gifted anointed servant of Yours and my precious daughter out before the hurting world in a bigger venue?" Oops! My private prayer just slipped out.. I'm sorry. Anyway, thank you and I love you. Oh, by the way Jehovah-Tsidkenu is my favorite.(Even though I can not pronounce it)..He is my Righteousness...

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from you and value what you have to say. God bless you and thanks for stopping by!