I'm so glad you've stopped by my blog! I am a Women's Minister and a former Pastor's Wife. I love finding God in my regular-everyday-stuff. I struggle with keeping up with the laundry, I love blogging, and my kids are my first line of ministry. I am recently widowed. So God and I are on a brand new journey as I try to find peace and understanding. Please grab a cup of coffee and let's get to know one another as we journey on our faith walk together.

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Will anyone ever see me... way down here?

Have you ever thought about how (or rather the position of where) you spend the majority of your day?


In the book of Ruth, we see this Moabitess position herself in a foreign land as a gleaner - someone who gathered and picked up, what was most of the time left on the ground, in order to provide for herself and Naomi.  


It was in this position that God chose to bless her!  He sent Boaz her way, who ended up being her kinsman-redeemer.


Now, I don't go out into a barley field every day - but here is just a short list of what I do from a bended position - picking up or gathering...

1.  Pick up toys - the same ones daily most of the time
2.  Pick up dirty clothes
3.  Clean toilets
4.  Clean bathtubs
5.  Retrieve that favorite "gotta-have-right-this-second-toy" from under the couch/refrigerator/bed
6.  Sweep up the spilled food or dirt into a dust pan
7.  Pull weeds from the flower beds in the yard
8.  Change diapers

The list could go on and on of all the ways we find ourselves in a position of humility!  Talk about lowly jobs, scrubbing toilets and changing nasty diapers!!!


To read the rest.... join me over at Seeds of Faith!


Seeds Of Faith For The Christian Mom


Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from you and value what you have to say. God bless you and thanks for stopping by!