I'm so glad you've stopped by my blog! I am a Women's Minister and a former Pastor's Wife. I love finding God in my regular-everyday-stuff. I struggle with keeping up with the laundry, I love blogging, and my kids are my first line of ministry. I am recently widowed. So God and I are on a brand new journey as I try to find peace and understanding. Please grab a cup of coffee and let's get to know one another as we journey on our faith walk together.

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Posititoned for a Blessing

"Ew!  No way would I want to do that!"
"But, I went to college - I shouldn't have to be doing this!"
"I've already paid my dues - Let someone else do this!"
God, when you said "serve Me" I didn't think you would mean like this!"

Have you ever said or even thought things like this to God?  I'm studying the book of Ruth with the ladies of my church (& with ladies Online - click here for more info) and I'm learning so much from this very small book!

I'm sure you're familiar with Ruth's story.  At the very beginning Ruth's husband, father-in-law and brother-in-law dies.  She & her mother-in-law journey from Moab back to Naomi's homeland - Judah.  Upon arriving in Bethlehem, Ruth immediately finds work.  She doesn't spend days working on her resume, or asking Naomi for the "hookups" for the best job - she immediately humbles herself by asking Naomi if she can glean.

Gleaning was a task for the poor!  Gleaning was something that widows and other less fortunate individuals did!  They would collect the grain that had been dropped on the ground, the harvest that had been pick over and probably stepped on.

Never do we see Ruth complain that this was the only work she could find or that she was above doing this kind of work!  Ruth positioned herself  - humbled herself - for a very menial task.  Not only did she humble herself for such a lowly task, but she worked hard at it too!!

Ruth 2: 2, 7 (NASB)
And Ruth the Moabitess said to Naomi, 'Please let me go to the field and glean among the ears of grain after one in whose sight I may find favor.

"Thus she came and has remained from the morning until now;"

As a result of this humbling hard work, Ruth put herself in a position to be blessed - and she didn't even know it!  As a result of her gleaning, she met Boaz!  Most of us know the rest of the story of Ruth.  She marries Boaz and they become the parents of Obed.  Obed is the father of Jesse.  Jesse is the father of King David!  And from King David we eventually see Jesus!

Wow!  My take home message from this passage is HUGE! 

Have you been given a lowly assignment?  Are you still doing work that feels beneath you?  Or perhaps you just thought you would be further along in your career, your parenting, your service to God.  



God could very well have you in just the right position to bless you - IN A HUGE WAY!  
This position could put you in just the right pathway for God's provision!

So keep working steadily, like Ruth, find favor with those whom you're serving and wait for the Lord's provisions!  I have a feeling it will knock your socks off!

If you've experienced a HUGE blessing as a result of a menial task - please share it with us!
  
I would love to share in God's provision with you!

If you're here from iFellowship - WELCOME!!
Please feel free to follow me and pick up a button.  I love making my way to all the visitors of iFellowship - I'll be by your blog soon and I follow back!


iFellowship

Have a great Wednesday!

Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from you and value what you have to say. God bless you and thanks for stopping by!