I'm so glad you've stopped by my blog! I am a Women's Minister and a former Pastor's Wife. I love finding God in my regular-everyday-stuff. I struggle with keeping up with the laundry, I love blogging, and my kids are my first line of ministry. I am recently widowed. So God and I are on a brand new journey as I try to find peace and understanding. Please grab a cup of coffee and let's get to know one another as we journey on our faith walk together.

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Comfort in the "all"

I hope you all enjoyed your Labor Day weekend and truly got to take a rest from your "labor."  I know how hard "resting" can so often be for Mothers.  Someone is always dirtying a dish, and someone is always walking across a clean floor, and just by the sound of the toilet flushing you know that someone is making your clean bathroom go down the drain.

On Saturday I gave our house a thorough cleaning and Sunday was a great day with our church family (this day is always a busy/enjoyable one since my husband is the Pastor).  But yesterday we really rested!  Yesterday we spent the day with some friends in Mississippi at their house on the Bay.  The weather was perfect!  We ate incredible New Orleans food (Liz, the jambalaya was to die for!) and rode on the boat and even went down an incredible water slide!  We all went to bed totally rested and exhausted!

Then Tuesday morning - back to reality - awaits me first thing this morning.  Back to the daily grind.  Back to commitments and responsibilities.  Before opening my Bible, I made a small list and shared it with the Lord.  It was a list of things that I must get done before Friday.  I must admit my heart skipped a beat thinking of my responsibilities.  Have you ever been there before?  I know you have!  Wishing I could clone myself if just for a day!!!

I love it when the Lord speaks directly to my heart.  He knows just what I need and leads me to His still small voice and says just the right thing.

2 Corinthians 9:8 (ESV)
And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that having all sufficiency in all things at all times, you may abound in every good work.

Don't you just love this word - "ALL."  Let's just do a quick inventory here:
1.  ALL grace abound to me
2.  ALL sufficiency - meaning having all that I will need
3.  in ALL things
4.  at ALL times
5.  abound in EVERY good work - EVERY and ALL are like sisters, so I thought I would include it as well!

Oh!  The word abound means to overflow.

Basically the Lord was telling me not to worry.  My God is able to allow His grace to overflow in every area of my life.  To every part of my list.  I will have all that I need (ideas for blogs, time to write, time to study, etc) and in the end I may overflow in every good work.

Are you feeling a bit overwhelmed at reality this morning?  

Allow the grace of God to overflow in your heart and life and find comfort in His ALL.

His All-Sufficiency in your all things, at all times, and watch Him abound in your every good work!

Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow!! I SO needed this today! I was just feeling very overwhelmed last night, and spoke to the Lord about it! That passage is such a powerful one! Thanks for sharing! =)

Sara said...

Penny-this is great! My Bible study today was all about making lists--God gives us lists that are very open-ended. This paired very well with what God already brought to me this morning. Thank you!

Theresa said...

Sounds like a great day. I had such a busy three day weekend that I am hoping to rest some today. We had our church picnic and celebrated my daughter's birthday a few different times. Your post reminds me of the hymn Wonderful Grace of Jesus (all sufficient grace for even me!)
Thanks for sharing.

Joy said...

Wow. I should have started off the morning with your post! This is exactly what I needed today and I am reading it at 8:40pm. Perhaps I will leave this up and read it again in the morning! Thanks so much!

grandmotherpic said...

Yes, I too need this verse as I begin 10 days of vacation. I have sooo many things I want to get done. Things done that will lead into a great year-end celebrating time. Thanksgiving, Christmas. You know those time you want to have all of the mundane stuff done so that you can really enjoy the season??? Well, I will carry this verse in my heart everyday, daughter girl.. Now if the reason you have so much to do before Friday is because we're coming-- don't sweat it. You know we don't come to see clean houses or impressive meals and whatever you still need to do -- heh, we can help!! Can't wait. Love the reminder of the verse though.. Love ya.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from you and value what you have to say. God bless you and thanks for stopping by!