I'm so glad you've stopped by my blog! I am a Women's Minister and a former Pastor's Wife. I love finding God in my regular-everyday-stuff. I struggle with keeping up with the laundry, I love blogging, and my kids are my first line of ministry. I am recently widowed. So God and I are on a brand new journey as I try to find peace and understanding. Please grab a cup of coffee and let's get to know one another as we journey on our faith walk together.

Monday, March 28, 2011

Your Daddy is bigger!

Do you remember those childhood things we used to say out on the playground?  It seems we've probably all bragged on how big our Daddy is at some point in our lives.

I thought about this today as I had my prayer time.  Well, okay be to honest, I first thought about the big, HUGE obstacles I've had to go through lately - but eventually got to how big my Heavenly Daddy is.

Let me show you what I mean...

Deuteronomy 9:1, 3 (ESV)
Hear, O Israel: you are to cross over the Jordan today, to go in to dispossess nations greater and mightier than yourselves, cities great and fortified up to heaven.

Know therefore today that He who goes over before you as a consuming fire is the Lord your God.  He will destroy them and subdue them before you.

I read this passage this morning and just smiled.  I thought about the things and projects that I've had to tackle that definitely seemed "greater & mightier" than myself.  Tasks that definitely felt like they were "fortified up to heaven."  Someone shared with me shortly after John's Homegoing that it would take me 6 months to a year to take care of all of the financial and legal issues that were left to my care.

In 2 days it will be 3 months, and I would say I'm perhaps half-way done with all of these matters.  I did back then, and still do today, have issues in my life that are bigger than me.  In fact, most of them are so daunting and scary they make me want to turn away!  I would imagine when then children of Israel realized what was before them - they were probably a little scared themselves.  Perhaps they even thought, "Me?  I'm to go up against them?  Look how big they are!!!  This is just too much!"

And yet, God told them (in Penny's language), "Yes... they are not only bigger than you - but they are greater and mightier with huge boundaries in front of them.  But I'm going to before you and I will destroy & subdue them!"

I love this!  He tells us that He goes over before us!  He's bigger than the mightiest!  He's bigger than the greatest!  And no boundary - no fortified wall - can keep Him from making a way for His children!

Do you have something in front of you today that is bigger than you?  That's making you wonder, "how in the world am I going to get through this?"  Take comfort in the words God gave to the children of Israel and apply them to your own life.

Know in your heart that no matter the size of the problem, the obstacle, the point of worry in your life... your God is bigger, stronger, and He will lead you through it.

Don't forget your Daddy is bigger than them all!



Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from you and value what you have to say. God bless you and thanks for stopping by!