I'm so glad you've stopped by my blog! I am a Women's Minister and a former Pastor's Wife. I love finding God in my regular-everyday-stuff. I struggle with keeping up with the laundry, I love blogging, and my kids are my first line of ministry. I am recently widowed. So God and I are on a brand new journey as I try to find peace and understanding. Please grab a cup of coffee and let's get to know one another as we journey on our faith walk together.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

No Ordinary Rock!

One more week!  In just 7 days, I’ll be taking a HUGE Science test that will allow me to enter an Alternate Certification Program so I can teach High School Science.
I’ve been studying everything from Laws of Motion, to radioactive decay, to cell structures, to rock formations.  It’s this last one that I want to talk about with you today.  I know I’ve been talking a lot about science lately… sorry… it’s what’s on my brain.
At the end of each day’s study, I work a practice exam.  As I grade it, I add the ones I missed to a “Must Remember” page.  Last night, as I was trying to conclude my study time, I read from this page to my parents!  I’m sure they were thrilled to hear some of the things I had been learning – LOL!
One of the “must remember” items dealt with rock formations!  Sunday, I read a verse in my prayer time that was about a rock and what God did with this very special rock.
IMG_5041Numbers 20:11, 13 (ESV)
And Moses lifted up his hand and struck the rock with his staff twice, and water came out abundantly, and the congregation drank, and their livestock.
These are the waters of Meribah, where the people of Israel quarreled with the Lord, and through them he showed Himself holy.

Creative Commons License photo credit: joelogon





To read the rest of this post and see how AWESOME this rock can be in your own life... come & join me at Seeds of Faith Women!

Photobucket




Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from you and value what you have to say. God bless you and thanks for stopping by!