I'm so glad you've stopped by my blog! I am a Women's Minister and a former Pastor's Wife. I love finding God in my regular-everyday-stuff. I struggle with keeping up with the laundry, I love blogging, and my kids are my first line of ministry. I am recently widowed. So God and I are on a brand new journey as I try to find peace and understanding. Please grab a cup of coffee and let's get to know one another as we journey on our faith walk together.

Sunday, March 20, 2011

His Word Sunday

DNA

No, don't worry, I'm not about to give you the complete structure of a DNA molecule (although, after all my studying I certainly could)!!

The verse that I've chosen today for HIS WORD SUNDAY, is a very familiar one.  I almost skipped right over it as I read it this morning in my One Year Bible... but as I read it I was reminded of a wonderful thing that happened yesterday.  I just have to share it as it fits beautiful with God's Word.

As we were leaving Ft. Worth yesterday to come back to East Texas, I treated the kids with a new DSi game.  They immediately started playing them - excited about our trip home and looking forward to a new game to keep them occupied.  I then remembered that I had promised Jordan that I would get her a Bible cover.  However, she really didn't have a good Bible that was readable and inviting for an almost 7 year old.

To end this long story we left LifeWay with a new Bible and cover for Jordan and a small little picture Bible for JP.  For about the next hour the DSi games were TOTALLY ignored!!!  They both were super excited about their new Bibles.  Jordan read to me several passages.  JP, as he opened his new Bible said this with nothing but extreme excitement,  "Mommy, these are God's Words!!!"

I couldn't have been happier.  It's in their DNA to crave, thirst, want GOD in their life!  He made us that way and I'm thrilled to hear and see their desire for Him at such a young age!

Psalm 63:1-3 (ESV)
O God, you are my God; earnestly I seek You; my soul thirsts for You; 
my flesh faints for you, as in a dry and weary land where there is no water.
So I have looked upon You in the sanctuary, beholding Your power and glory.
Because You steadfast love is better than life, my lips will praise You.

Today, as you sit in church, have a new excitement for your Bible.  Be like JP, and smile - knowing you're looking at God's Words!



Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from you and value what you have to say. God bless you and thanks for stopping by!