I'm so glad you've stopped by my blog! I am a Women's Minister and a former Pastor's Wife. I love finding God in my regular-everyday-stuff. I struggle with keeping up with the laundry, I love blogging, and my kids are my first line of ministry. I am recently widowed. So God and I are on a brand new journey as I try to find peace and understanding. Please grab a cup of coffee and let's get to know one another as we journey on our faith walk together.

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

What your "one word"?

I have often asked ladies in my years of ministry, if you could use one word to describe your life what would it be.

My word has always been 
REDEEMED.

I grew up in a Christian home and became a Christian at a very young age.  However, my college and young adult years were not kind to my life of faith.  I was rebellious for many years.  I made many mistakes for which I am not proud, and stayed away from the Lord as a result.

One particular life decision brought me to such devastation, the only thing I could think to do was return to the Lord.  I began going back to church, reading my Bible, praying and as a result my life was changed forever!

I met John, my Pastor husband, we had 2 beautiful, healthy children and had a beautiful life of faith together.  REDEEMED.  This was the only word I could think to describe my life!  I didn't deserve any of this, and yet the Lord redeemed me and took my worst and gave me the very best!

So today, on the 3 month mark of John's Homegoing.... I've often asked myself... "So what's my word now?"  Can I really describe my life as REDEEMED when it feels like I've lost the very best part of me?

This has been a question I've had in my heart since December 30th.  And today I found my answer in the words of David in Psalms.

Psalm 71: 20-21 (ESV)
You who have made me see troubles and calamities will revive me again;
from the depths of the earth You will bring me up again.
You will increase my greatness and comfort me again.

Okay... brief interjection...
As I read this, I thought... "this is me!"  The Lord has allowed me to experience this great tragedy.  Yes, from the "depths of the earth" I have been!  Oh what a joy to know that He will bring me out of this despair and comfort me again!

I know the story of David.  I know the pain that was in his heart over his great loss.  You can hear it in his voice from these verses.  But look at what he says next.  The very next verse after he speaks of his great pain amazed me!

Psalm 71:22-23 (ESV)
I will also praise You with the harp for Your faithfulness, O my God;
I will sing praises to You with the lyre, O Holy One of Israel.
My lips will shout for joy, when I sing praises to You;
my soul also, which You have redeemed.

Wow!  David gives us a great example that after a tragedy, after pain that sends us to the depths of the earth we can still praise Him.  We can still recognize our God as faithful. We can still have joy.

And the best part for me today... 
we are still REDEEMED!

Do you have a "one word"?  
Whatever "word" God has given you... nothing on this earth can take that away!




If you're here from iFellowship... WELCOME!
I hope you grab a cup of your favorite beverage
and hang out with me a while!

Leave me a comment, so I'll know you came by
and know that I'll be by later to visit you as well!

Photobucket




Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from you and value what you have to say. God bless you and thanks for stopping by!