I'm so glad you've stopped by my blog! I am a Women's Minister and a former Pastor's Wife. I love finding God in my regular-everyday-stuff. I struggle with keeping up with the laundry, I love blogging, and my kids are my first line of ministry. I am recently widowed. So God and I are on a brand new journey as I try to find peace and understanding. Please grab a cup of coffee and let's get to know one another as we journey on our faith walk together.

Sunday, March 6, 2011

His Word Sunday

Sunday is still one of my hardest days.  I'm now a member of the church where I grew up and I love it!  The Pastor is wonderful, the people are great and my children ABSOLUTELY love going every Sunday!

However I miss hearing John pray, preach and sing every Sunday!  John loved God's Word so much!  In fact, one of his favorite things in the Bible were the blessings.  It was from reading all the wonderful words spoken by fathers to children in scripture, that he came up with the idea to speak a "blessing" over our children every night.

He also spoke a blessing over our church every Sunday.  This morning, as I was having my prayer time, I came across the Blessing of Aaron.  At the close of every service - these are the words we would hear...

Numbers 6:34-36 (ESV)
The Lord bless you and keep you;
the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious to you;
the Lord lift up His countenance upon you and give you peace.

As I read them again this morning, they made me smile for many reasons.  I could almost hear John's voice in my head as I read it.  Also, what a message!  To receive a smile from the Lord as He looks upon me and to receive both grace & peace in the process!

This is truly fuel for my day!


Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from you and value what you have to say. God bless you and thanks for stopping by!