I'm so glad you've stopped by my blog! I am a Women's Minister and a former Pastor's Wife. I love finding God in my regular-everyday-stuff. I struggle with keeping up with the laundry, I love blogging, and my kids are my first line of ministry. I am recently widowed. So God and I are on a brand new journey as I try to find peace and understanding. Please grab a cup of coffee and let's get to know one another as we journey on our faith walk together.

Monday, March 14, 2011

"Let it be" - I choose to say this!

Monday morning... Spring Break Monday!

This morning as I sit here at my computer, coffee and Bible beside me, I can actually hear the birds chirping outside.

It's a beautiful sound!  I can hear them because my children are with my sister in Ft. Worth, Texas. (Thanks Glenda!  You're the best!)  It's Spring Break - so she offered to take care of them for the week (along with her 2 boys) while I finish up my last week of studying before my big test next Tuesday.

As I look back on the past 75 days, I can now see the many different segments, or parts, of this journey I've traveled.  First we had to get through the funeral part, then there was the packing up the New Orleans house and get moved, then there were many legal and financial details that had to be addressed immediately (some of which are still lingering), and now I'm working on the future part, a job/career for myself.

Even in those early days, I shared with someone that I knew that God had chosen this exact path for me.  He must know I'm fit and ready for it - I just must be willing to walk it with Him - as scary and painful as it will be.

I read a verse in my prayer time this morning that not only has strengthened this sentiment - but has given me a motto for this next new part of my journey.

Luke 1:38 (ESV)
And Mary said, "Behold, I am the servant of the Lord; 
let it be to me according to your word."  
And the angel departed from her.

Wow!  What a statement!  Mary said this right after the angel told her how she would give birth to the very Son of God!  What an assignment!

In no way am I comparing my journey to Mary's!  Hear me say this!   But what I want to do today is emulate her attitude and her willingness to obey.

I'm sure all that the angel told her was extremely overwhelming and she probably wondered about the details.  It's in the this - that I can relate.  My life has been very overwhelming lately and every day I work and rework the details of my future.  I battle between trying to have foresight and plan accordingly to worrying about the outcome. Do you ever do this?  Tell me I'm not alone here!

In reality, all God really wants me to say is, "I am the servant of the Lord; let it be to me according to your word."

I also know this doesn't mean to sit back and just "let it happen"...  Read the first part of this verse - "I am the servant"... I must work hard, be engaged, and lay my head down on my pillow at night, exhausted from doing what He's called me to do.  And then... be willing to say from that point, "let it be according to me".



Therefore today, as I enter into yet another part of this new journey the Lord has called me to, I am going to study hard, prepare for this test, and not worry about the details - instead just say,


"let it be to me according to your word."



Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from you and value what you have to say. God bless you and thanks for stopping by!