I'm so glad you've stopped by my blog! I am a Women's Minister and a former Pastor's Wife. I love finding God in my regular-everyday-stuff. I struggle with keeping up with the laundry, I love blogging, and my kids are my first line of ministry. I am recently widowed. So God and I are on a brand new journey as I try to find peace and understanding. Please grab a cup of coffee and let's get to know one another as we journey on our faith walk together.

Sunday, March 13, 2011

His Word Sunday

God is for me!

I had a wonderful prayer time this morning!  As I read my One Year Bible I scribbled down things in my journal and struggled with which one to share with you.  Perhaps the others will have to be devotionals for later in the week...

This one, however, always speaks to me.  It brings hope on so many levels and lets me see just how much my God loves me.  (yes, it's a bit longer than I typically allow - but you'll be blessed to read to the end!)

Psalm 56:8-13 (ESV)

You have kept count of my tossings; put my tears in Your bottle.
Are they not in Your book?
Then my enemies will turn back in the day when I call.
This I know, that God is for me.

In God, whose word I praise, in the Lord, whose word I praise, 
in God I trust; I shall not be afraid.
What can man do to me?

I must perform my vows to you, O God;
I will render thank offerings to You.
For You have delivered my soul from death, 
yes, my feet from falling, that I may walk before God
in the light of life.

Have you been tossing or crying lately?  God has taken notice!  They've been recorded and collected!

Today, no matter what you're tossing or crying about - know that God is for you and He wants to keep you from falling.



Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from you and value what you have to say. God bless you and thanks for stopping by!