I'm so glad you've stopped by my blog! I am a Women's Minister and a former Pastor's Wife. I love finding God in my regular-everyday-stuff. I struggle with keeping up with the laundry, I love blogging, and my kids are my first line of ministry. I am recently widowed. So God and I are on a brand new journey as I try to find peace and understanding. Please grab a cup of coffee and let's get to know one another as we journey on our faith walk together.

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Are you a notetaker? It's actually quite Biblical!!!

I don't know why it surprises me when I read about just how much my God knows me - but so often it does!  This morning I was reading in Deuteronomy how many different ways & places God wanted the children of Israel to put His laws ever before them.
Deuteronomy 11: 18-21 (ESV)
You shall therefore lay up these words of mine in your heart and in your soul, and you shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes.  You shall teach them to your children talking of them when you are sitting in your house, and when you re walking by the way, and when you lie down, and and when you rise.  You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates, that your days and the days of your children may be multiplied in the land that the Lord swore to your fathers to give them, as long as the heavens are above the earth.

Whew!  That's a lot of places!  As I read this I thought of two things... two visuals if you will.

One - I thought of the past month of studying for my Science Certification Test (which I passed by the way!).  I bet I made over a hundred notecards trying to get all that information in my brain.  Then as I was studying my notecards, I made notes on these big pieces of folded paper.  Yes, it was kind of like notes from my notes!  Then as the test day got closer I made little brightly colored sticky notes for my big page notes!  I was doing everything I could to get all that information in my brain where it would actually STAY there!

I know God was trying to communicate to His people, "Everywhere you go, I want you to see my commands!"  Why do you think that is?  I believe He knew.  I believe He knew that given an opportunity to mess up - they would, that they would easily get distracted from the task at hand.

This brings me to my second illustration.  Yesterday I had the extreme honor of accompanying my son to his second T-Ball practice. 

To read the rest of this post - come see me over at Seeds of Faith!






Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from you and value what you have to say. God bless you and thanks for stopping by!