I'm so glad you've stopped by my blog! I am a Women's Minister and a former Pastor's Wife. I love finding God in my regular-everyday-stuff. I struggle with keeping up with the laundry, I love blogging, and my kids are my first line of ministry. I am recently widowed. So God and I are on a brand new journey as I try to find peace and understanding. Please grab a cup of coffee and let's get to know one another as we journey on our faith walk together.

Monday, March 7, 2011

Tent Position

I'm so glad it's Monday!  Today, for me, Monday represents a new day, a new week, and a new attitude.

Last week was really rough.  I struggled all week with the question, "Where do I fit?".  Most of this is probably the nature of being a substitute teacher.  The answer to that question from that perspective is... "you fit everywhere!"  Or... "you fit where you're needed".

Everyone at the school where I'm working has been WONDERFUL!  Yet, every room I walk into, I find a new & different surrounding.  It takes some form of adjustment - every day.

Last week, as I was feeling this "where do I fit" emotion, I realized that my first "class" was my off-period. So I got out my Bible and started my prayer time.  I read the One Year Bible and currently we're in Numbers for the Old Testament portion.  I almost rolled my eyes and skipped that part.  I wasn't really in the mood to hear all the names... again!

But I obediently began reading.  Then moments later began crying.  I love it when God surprises me!

In Numbers chapter 2, I began reading about how God told Moses to tell the people where to put their tents in their current new home.

Numbers 2:2 (ESV)
The people of Israel shall camp each by his own standard, with the banners of their fathers' houses.  They shall camp facing the tent of the meeting on every side.

He then goes on for several verses, telling each tribe where to set their tent.  He gives details such as where the tribe of Judah will camp (and all the other tribes), who the chief is of every tribe, the number in each tribe, and who they are to camp beside.

As I read detail after detail about their new home - it dawned on me....

I'm not the only one to wonder, "Where do I fit?"

I bet there were plenty of Israelites wondering the very same thing.  Day after day they entered into a new surrounding.  I wonder if the women were wondering when they would finally get to "set up their home".  Then God gives them an extreme amount of detail - just about their tent position!!!

It was then & there... in that Journalism classroom - all alone - that I realized, that if God cared so much about the direction of their tent - then He cares about mine too!

But here's the most beautiful thing I saw from this passage....

For every tribe - no matter where He told them to put their tent - they all had the same instruction...

"face the tent of the meeting"

In other words, He wanted them to face the presence of God.

Today, my "tent" is my heart - for this is where the Lord dwells.  But the question I had for myself and the one that I have for you today is this:

"Do you wake up with your face toward the Lord 
- or towards your pain and problems?

I wrote a prayer in my journal after reading this wonderful passage from Numbers.  This was just a part of that prayer,

"Lord, set my eyes ever before Your tent and Your details for my life.  Give me direction.  Show me where to put my 'tent'."

I hope you all have a great Monday!

Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from you and value what you have to say. God bless you and thanks for stopping by!