I'm so glad you've stopped by my blog! I am a Women's Minister and a former Pastor's Wife. I love finding God in my regular-everyday-stuff. I struggle with keeping up with the laundry, I love blogging, and my kids are my first line of ministry. I am recently widowed. So God and I are on a brand new journey as I try to find peace and understanding. Please grab a cup of coffee and let's get to know one another as we journey on our faith walk together.

Sunday, February 20, 2011

His Word Sunday

DRAW NEAR

I've been up for a while - reading my Bible & praying.  I've asked the Lord which verse to share with you this morning.  Some of the things I've read in His Word and written in my journal -  I know were just for me. Just little private comfort moments from my God.

But the thing I believe He wants me to share with you today is quite simple.

As most of you know, I read the One Year Bible for my devotional time.  Today we're in Leviticus for the Old Testament.

Leviticus 9:7a (ESV)
Then Moses said to Aaron, "Draw near to the altar and offer your sin offering and your burnt offering and make atonement for yourself and for the people."

This was the first verse I read this morning and I just couldn't move on from it.  Perhaps I was thinking about the chorus from that old hymn by Frances Crosby:


Draw me nearer, nearer blessed Lord,
To the cross where Thou hast died;
Draw me nearer, nearer, nearer blessed Lord,
To Thy precious, bleeding side.


My sweet friends...
Today, I hope as you file into church, and find your place in His sanctuary that you do more than just sit and soak - but that you actually do as Moses commanded Aaron and DRAW NEAR.





Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from you and value what you have to say. God bless you and thanks for stopping by!