I'm so glad you've stopped by my blog! I am a Women's Minister and a former Pastor's Wife. I love finding God in my regular-everyday-stuff. I struggle with keeping up with the laundry, I love blogging, and my kids are my first line of ministry. I am recently widowed. So God and I are on a brand new journey as I try to find peace and understanding. Please grab a cup of coffee and let's get to know one another as we journey on our faith walk together.

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Today's Objectives

Each day I'm finding more and more my "Teacher Routine".

Before I leave at the end of the day, or first thing the next morning, I put several things on the board.  They are:  a quick Bell Ringer activity (to be done as soon as they arrive), the day's Learning Objectives, and their Homework Assignment.

At first I had to remind myself to change these each day.  But now as I'm in the middle of Week #2 - it's becoming more routine.  The Daily Objectives keeps us all on task.  There's no question of what they will be doing in W-127 - it's clearly outlined on the board.

The Objectives keeps our class on target and helps us avoid chasing too many rabbits.  They ensure we learn what we are supposed to learn and helps to maintain order.

Did you know that God gives us Daily Objectives too?!  Of course it requires that we walk into His classroom and look at the board.  Or better said - we must open up our Bibles and see what He has for us that day!

Today I saw my Objectives in the New Testament.

2 Corinthians 4:6-9 (ESV)
So we are always of good courage.  We know that while we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord, for we walk by faith, not by sight.  Yes, we are of good courage, and we would rather be away from the body and at home with the Lord.  So whether we are at home or away, we make it our aim to please Him.

Today's Objectives:
1.  We will act with good courage.
2.  We will walk by faith in all of our actions.
3.  We will aim to please Him.

I know this will help me focus on this great assignment God has given me!  It is my prayer that with these Objectives ever before me that I can accomplish what my great Teacher has planned for me.

What are your Daily Objectives?




Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from you and value what you have to say. God bless you and thanks for stopping by!